West Germany 0. Sheff Wed 0

Been watching us since the 50s. Had some good memories but unfortunately mainly 50 years or so back.

Beating West Ham seven nil when they were league leaders.

Beating man utd 5-1 and 7-2 in one season.  (60-61)

Beating Barcelona 3-2 in Europe. 

But one of our proudest moments never gets mentioned and I'm starting to wonder whether I dreamt it. 

Back in about 1968, West Germany played a warm up game against us. Goalless draw. Can't remember venue or any details.  Could have been played behind closed doors, but I'm fairly sure I've seen the programme for it. Orange glossy cover in style of German international programmes of the time. 

Can't find owt on internet but I'm 99.9% sure it happened.

Anyone remember?   

Thought with all the wrist slashing taking place, I'd try post something positive.  

To make you even happier, I'll stick my neck out and say the current team would beat nearly any sixties Owls side.  Modern players are much fitter and stronger.  

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

Thought with all the wrist slashing taking place, I'd try post something positive.  

To make you even happier, I'll stick my neck out and say the current team would beat nearly any sixties Owls side.  Modern players are much fitter and stronger.  

what year is the ref from though?

31 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

That might be it.  A warm up for England 66.    I just remember it ended 0-0 which was creditable.  Do you have any details cos it never gets mentioned.  

I'm pretty sure Dunsby has done a recent article on it, sorry don't have time to search, got to hit the road, back to work.