Strikers not taking Penalties

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

For me is as bad as FF refusing to play.

FF gets slaughtered on here by some, yet he stepped up and had the courage to take one. He also had the decency to post a message to the fans after. People say he doesn't want to be at Wednesday are troublemakers, he was probably playing trough injury too.

For me any striker who refuses to take a pen is like me going I work in a sales environment and refusing to pick up the phone. It's absolutely pathetic. Putting pressure on your team, making a right back take a pen. How on earth can a 11 million pound striker stand their arm in arm with team meats and say he's not confident - and then watch a right back take a pen in our biggest match of the season.

Unforgivable but following all his other pathetic performances not surprising.

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

FF gets slaughtered on here by some, yet he stepped up and had the courage to take one. He also had the decency to post a message to the fans after. People say he doesn't want to be at Wednesday are troublemakers, he was probably playing trough injury too.

For me any striker who refuses to take a pen is like me going I work in a sales environment and refusing to pick up the phone. It's absolutely pathetic. Putting pressure on your team, making a right back take a pen. How on earth can a 11 million pound striker stand their arm in arm with team meats and say he's not confident - and then watch a right back take a pen in our biggest match of the season.

Why don't you just speak your mind.

I very much doubt it was a refusal. If he didn't have the confidence and others did then what does it matter who takes them. Any professional footballer can take a pen so it comes down to confidence in that situation.

7 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Striking a deadball in a pressure situation is a very different discipline than cracking in a half volley in open play with no time to think about it.

10 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Pathetic performances? Did you not see that stat about how we only scored when he was on the pitch?

And he's not an 11 million pound striker either 

Best Penalty takers at Hillsborough I can remember were not strikers, I think its more a confidence thing, Mark Smith was a centre half..Tommy Craig, midfield..Colin West?...Oh aye..He was a striker...

I think what Rhodes did was say he didn't want to be among the "First" penalty takers..For reasons only known to himself, I see the point.

I mean you had to f.ookin' hold Pressman back...Was he a striker?

Well surely that's now confirmed what many have suspected for some time: Jordan never called RocketOwl back after their night of steamy passion.

It's the only logical explanation for this bizarre obsession.

:duntmatter:

He didn't refuse to take a penalty; he told his manager that he felt unsure about taking a penalty, thus letting the manager see if there were five players more mentally prepared to step up in that highly-pressurised situation. If anything, it was the professional thing to do.

18 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

The highly successful Liverpool teams of the 70s and 80s used to watch right back Phil Neal slot penalties away.

The issue is that it highlights the lack of confidence of one or two which has cost us at key times of the season, more that they're more worried about missing than the feeling of achieving something. 

I'd rather we had confident penalty takers, not bothered who really as some of the best pen takers aren't even strikers. For example, Jack Hunts penalty was probably one of the coolest I've seen in ages. 

Fletcher and Hooper would be my preferred takers though, I think they see the importance of picking a spot and just blasting it

Edited by Bluesteel

He didn't want to fail and he told the manager, 5 others stepped up. Is that as bad as saying "yes you are paying my wages and I have signed a contract but I'm not playing until you give me more money or sell me" (Not a quote by the way). Somehow I think not, your obsession with Rhodes is ridiculous, if he scored a hat-trick you'd want four.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

The issue is that it highlights the lack of confidence of one or two which has cost us at key times of the season, more that they're more worried about missing than the feeling of achieving something. 

I'd rather we had confident penalty takers, not bothered who really as some of the best pen takers aren't even strikers. For example, Jack Hunts penalty was probably one of the coolest I've seen in ages. 

Fletcher and Hooper would be my preferred takers though, I think they see the importance of picking a spot and just blasting it

Yea..Like Kevin Pressman, such a delicate touch...Rolled it in lol

24 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Courage ... wow what a big brave Man taking a penalty (his job) for 20 odd grand a week. Proper trooper. As for that message , just words . About time he lets his on the field performances do the talking 

On 5/21/2017 at 16:47, RocketOwl said:

It really isn't - In any way shape or form. 

By not taking a penalty, he put his team first. By refusing to play, you're a c*nt. 

Simple as that, close the thread

Some so called fans.... not happy unless they're moaning. So he told CC he wasn't feeling confident, better to stand aside if there were guys feeling good to go. I very much doubt he point blank refused and to call all he's performances pathetic..... deluded! :ghoulguy: