Lots of threads about Carlos, stay or go and  people throwing names forward.

Its time for DC to make a strong decision on what he feels we should represent, is it about just winning  to get to the promised land, or should it be a bigger picture, Set out a style , or ( hate this word, but brand) . 

Given the fact most enjoyed our performances last season more than this even though we finished higher with more points!

Personally I want us to play with a style of quick passing, attacking football, and entertain.Yes we need the £200 million , but its very likely, we would need a period of yo-yo football between the top two divisions before we could really establish ourselves at top flight.

Karanka  took Boro to the premier, building on a very solid, defence as a starting point , but then adopting the same style have been a long way short in the premier. Given the likely high ticket prices should we be in the premier, I would want us to have a go playing and entertaining !

I like our style at the moment. The build up play can be very attractive to watch at times. The way we keep the ball is something many teams can only wish to see. 

My main gripe is with our lack of killer instinct. We have players that can score from any position. We have the likes of Fletcher, Rhodes and Hooper that are natural finishers, but we also have the likes of Bannan and Wallace that can score from range when the ball doesn't get that far forward. 

Despite this, we rarely scored more than twice a game this season. To me, this is where we need to improve. Not by recruitment, but through training and mentality. 

4 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Lots of threads about Carlos, stay or go and  people throwing names forward.

Its time for DC to make a strong decision on what he feels we should represent, is it about just winning  to get to the promised land, or should it be a bigger picture, Set out a style , or ( hate this word, but brand) . 

Given the fact most enjoyed our performances last season more than this even though we finished higher with more points!

Personally I want us to play with a style of quick passing, attacking football, and entertain.Yes we need the £200 million , but its very likely, we would need a period of yo-yo football between the top two divisions before we could really establish ourselves at top flight.

Karanka  took Boro to the premier, building on a very solid, defence as a starting point , but then adopting the same style have been a long way short in the premier. Given the likely high ticket prices should we be in the premier, I would want us to have a go playing and entertaining !

Get yourself over to @theowlsman's DOF thread and get your application in!

While we're here though.

This is where the starting point of our identity should always begin....

Image may contain: 4 people, people playing sport, people standing, text and outdoor