I thought that it was another bizarre signing in a whole string of "kid in a sweatshop" signings. Our recruitment is disgraceful. For me there is only Fletcher & Reach who have actually added anything to us this year.

Edited by stevie snerklebox
Forgot Reach

Again comes down to style of play. 

He he was never going to be like for like with Hutch and should never have been expected to.

Last season he played alongside Barton (think of the totally different type of players we have in CM) and didn't look exposed. At all. In fact he was brilliant. Compare that to how he has looked with us on the whole. 

So again, we sign David Jones and I'm amazed we didn't build a midfield to suit, same with Abdi.

Very good signing on paper, his track record proved that. But once again strikes of signing the best players and not the best players for our style. 

Another lightweight midfield player who had a reputation for supporting attacks through the middle and scoring with efforts from range but deployed this season mainly in the defensive third.

Just now, Flat Owl said:

Another lightweight midfield player who had a reputation for supporting attacks through the middle and scoring with efforts from range but deployed this season mainly in the defensive third.

Despite the fact he has been playing as a holding midfielder at Burnley for the last three, four years...

Thought he was a good signing at the time. But he has been under whelming & for some reason looks low on confidence.

He doesn't really get into positions to shoot. He doesn't control games with his passing. And he is lightweight both in the air & at tackling which surprised me more than anything.

If another team came in to buy him I think we should cash in. Maybe that's harsh as sometimes it takes a season for a player to settle but being a Wednesdayite I thought he'd show more fight when playing for the team he supports.

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

January recruitment was better than the summer. Abdi has done even less than Jones who at least added a bit of experience toward the back end of the season. 

Abdi did arrive with basically no pre season, carrying an injury, got in the side, then a season ending injury

like a new player next season 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Despite the fact he has been playing as a holding midfielder at Burnley for the last three, four years...

Stifled...like the rest of the side.

Dave Jones was signed because it was intended that Hutchinson was going to be playing Centre Half to protect him a little more from injury and cards 

His signing was totally logical he wasn't a like for like with Hutch he was just the holding midfielder 

Unfortunately our Midfield sans Hutch was weak as pisssss so we reverted to Hutch in Midfield and Jones was then more or less surplus 

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Abdi did arrive with basically no pre season, carrying an injury, got in the side, then a season ending injury

like a new player next season 

This 

Ive been critical ( rightly i think ) of Abdis' failure to stake a claim for a starting position when the chance presented itself he did nowhere near enough to dislodge BB or KL 

With a full pre-season behind him hopefully we'll see the player that excited us all when he arrived