I have been on owlstalk for a few years but this is my first post as it is making my blood boil. Lee for me is the man that makes the team tick, a fantastic player who, in my opinion, is easily premier league class but yet I see so often on here people saying we need better or he wouldn't make our first 11. Interested to see if my opinion is agreed with or people think he isn't good enough (ps I think anyone who doesn't think he is one of the first 3/4 names on the team sheet are morons and don't have a clue about football)

Lee is one of my favourite players. Agree with 5h much of the OP. 

But there is a reason he didnt cut the mustard at man u. Some times in the attacking third he is indecisive. Gets caught up between shooting and passing and I think this comes from a reluctance to shoot.

If he could improve that area of the game he would be another level. 

That said his energy and other qualities far make up for the above in this league, at least.

Shame about your ps.

Yes, top midfielder. Easily good enough for bottom half Prem starting Xl.

on a Footie form with 500 (?) regular posters it would be amazing if ANY player was universally appreciated.

5 hours ago, macca99 said:

I have been on owlstalk for a few years but this is my first post as it is making my blood boil. Lee for me is the man that makes the team tick, a fantastic player who, in my opinion, is easily premier league class but yet I see so often on here people saying we need better or he wouldn't make our first 11. Interested to see if my opinion is agreed with or people think he isn't good enough (ps I think anyone who doesn't think he is one of the first 3/4 names on the team sheet are morons and don't have a clue about football)

Morons, who don't have a clue about football...............on Owlstalk. ..........

Never !                lol                   

Moron here. Lee is good but not as good as some think. His decision making is poor at times and our points without him in the team was better than with him in it.

For the OP could you expand on how he makes us tick? I don't see him as the commanding midfield General, nor the pacey player running at defences that frightens them, the midfielder that controls the game or the midfielder that creates numerous chances. Please expand?

7 hours ago, macca99 said:

Mate seen your getting slated probably by some of those who don't agree. For me I agreee I think lee is our engine we just need someone with abit of strength at side of him. Look at stoke that year they got promoted bullied people they had tough tall black guys and was tough in midfield but like Leeds had this year (sorry not intending and racist remarks sorry if taken like that). I think we are just small men easily knocked off ball. Wingers with pace and get some more strength in depth for deffence we should be fine. 

He's a good player with a great attitude but I feel he needs others around him to be in form to be effective. If we play well as a team Lee plays well. If we're having an off day he never really gets hold of a game.

He's a good all rounder without being outstanding at anything. Be best in proper midfield 3 (not Carlos' loppsided version) as a box to box man alongside a ball winner and a passer. 

I'll join the morons, as I think he's overrated. I think he been a great player for us and still is a very useful squad player but if we go into next season with him starting most games we won't be near automatic places.

For me he would have struggled to make the bench at Middleborough, burnley , hull, Newcastle or Brighton and that's the level we are aiming for. 

Plenty of poor championship teams have easily acquired players that are comparative or arguably better I'm thinking brown at Rotherham/Huddersfield Irvine at Burton hourihane Barnsley/villa.

Guest Kameron

Our midfield is our weak link and has been for two seasons, Lee, Bannan and Hutchinson have been first choice when fit, all put into the starting 11 despite the glaring inbalance this causes. All are solid championship players but it doesn't work playing all three together.  Tough decisions are needed, if we could get a decent fee for Lee I'd take it unless he's prepared to move back to right back and unfortunately i'd be letting Hutchinson go too.  Managers that are winners are ruthless and do what's right for the team, sentiment has no place otherwise you end up also rans.  You now where the red button is, fire away.

Edited by Kameron

8 hours ago, roaminowl said:

According to your profile on the left, it's your 26th post. For your next posts, please try not to refer to other posters as morons just because they have a different opinion to you. Ta.

The telling bit is he's called people morons and got 5 rep points for it!!!

Owlstalk for you....

8 hours ago, macca99 said:

Certainly a big miss when he doesn't play however Jones has done ok in his absence and a Bannan/Hutchinson midfield 2 allow room for 2 proper wingers to play in a 442 - arguably a reason for our excellent form in the 2nd half of the season? But if we're naming the first 4/5 names on the team sheet or the first 4 names I would have picked to start the play off semi (assuming everyone was fit & based on recent form) Westwood, Lees, Hooper, Forestieri & Hutchinson. 

The future of the team regardless of weather CC stays or goes I imagine either one of Bannan or Lee will be dropped from the first team.

4 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

The telling bit is he's called people morons and got 5 rep points for it!!!

Owlstalk for you....

Certainly a big miss when he doesn't play however Jones has done ok in his absence and a Bannan/Hutchinson midfield 2 allow room for 2 proper wingers to play in a 442 - arguably a reason for our excellent form in the 2nd half of the season? But if we're naming the first 4/5 names on the team sheet or the first 4 names I would have picked to start the play off semi (assuming everyone was fit & based on recent form) Westwood, Lees, Hooper, Forestieri & Hutchinson. 

The future of the team regardless of weather CC stays or goes I imagine either one of Bannan or Lee will be dropped from the first team.

:duntmatter: this is so true