Quality Needed.

Reach, Fox, Abdi , Pudil, Winnall, Sasso Jones, Fletcher, Kean, Buckley McManaman and Rhodes.

All new signings and not one of them you could say were guaranteed a starting place. We must be talking about 10 million in wages here at least, letalone transfer fees.

How can we sign so many players we hoped would improve the squad and not have them do so. 

This has to change next season our squad is now padded out enough.

I would like us to identify a couple of player say Ince or Jota and say Hanley or Flint. Or whoever Carlos feels but they have to be better than what we have then go all out to get them and if they fall through then stick with what we got.

What's the point in signing players for the sake of it if they are not going to improve the squad.

WE NEED QUALITY NOW.

NOT QUANTITY.

The main point I was trying to make was we need to sign a Westwood, Lees, Bannan, Lee, someone who when they are fit play every week.

As said there are international's there. So why are we not getting their talent out of them.?

Edited by pazowl55

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The main point I was trying to make was we need to sign a Westwood, Lees, Bannan, Lee, someone who when they are fit play every week.

As said there are international's there. So why are we not getting their talent out of them.?

I don't understand have they left? 

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that whoever we sign they need to be vastly superior to whoever currently plays in their position for us. We've had enough bench warmers and squad players this season, its time to start building a first 11.

13 minutes ago, Madmax said:

No need fpr sarcasam. The ones we have are clearly not quite good enough & thats a quote from the experts. They're top half players but not top two. A few experts have said that.

There's every need for sarcasm given the meltdowns on here. We have a squad that's secured our highest finish in 17 years. Some of those players more than are good enough for us.  Fletcher pretty much got us in the playoffs. Rhodes is the football leagues top scorer over the last 5 years or whatever. Winall won barnsley's golden boot in half a season. Jones has been promoted out of this division before. Kean was signed to be 4th choice GK and we're blaming him! Let's get some realism.

We had two bad games which yes the tactics need questioning. We've had other games which were questionable. We need a couple of quality additions, not a complete rebuild. 

13 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that whoever we sign they need to be vastly superior to whoever currently plays in their position for us. We've had enough bench warmers and squad players this season, its time to start building a first 11.

This is what I am getting at all the players we spent money on in the summer and in the big game Carlos went back to his tried and trusted. 

Time to sign some more tried and trusted is my point.

It's probably more important that we identify what's needed and make sure the recruitment is targeted. Sounds obvious, but the OP's list suggests that we get it wrong more often than not. This has to stop, there's no doubting the ability of most of those, but there are major doubts about whether they fit the way we want to play

Edited by gurujuan

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It's probably more important that we identify what's needed and make sure the recruitment is targeted. Sounds obvious, but the OP's list suggests that we get it wrong more often than not. This has to stop, there's no doubting the ability of most of those, but there are major doubts about whether they fit the way we want to play

We have spent 20+ million including wages and not one of them is guaranteed a start that's what's getting me. doesn't matter about ability or anything.

Edited by pazowl55

Omg yet another thread which could have been posted as a reply in one of the other 300 threads created about the same thing. But as I've replied I might as well give my opinion

:duntmatter:

To me our recruitment over the summer was more to provide cover & have an all around better squad. None of them, except maybe Abdi, were ones I expected to get in the first 11. The team from last year was still to be our favoured line up as they got so close with the final but we needed a stronger bench to turn games.

Unfortunately we ended up losing Lee & Hooper for half a season. Pudil went off the boil. Just as those 3 were coming back we then had problems with Hutch & Forestieri then Hooper again. And Abdi ended up crocked most of the season.

They have improved the squad & the fact we required that many signings to have depth shows how far off we really were. And I expect that we will have a fairly quiet summer with the focus on quality just as you wish.

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

His opening paragraph mentions 12 players.

You need to review your understanding of the term scapegoats.

Gives scope for open season on any of them....it's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmdu

Winnall is easily starting line up quality. With service he would score for fun. The midfielders we all rate are the ones who don't create enough chances and lose the midfield battle. Built a midfield of small men and with the style of play it doesn't work.