Fast wingers

That's part of what we need to progress. Oh n a fast striker. Lacking in speed.

udders...nippy tricky wingers

fulham...really quick wingers

added to Mooey, Brown, Abraham, Hanley, Irvine

get few new wingers in to feed our strikers. Love Wallace but not quick enough n moves inside a lot. 

Reach slow n can't cross. Buckley n Macca be going back.  

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Speedy wingers?

Does it matter how fast a player is when he's confined the the shackles of a system which requires 95% defending?

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Spot on.

Unleash the tortoises....

The thing is we have actually had a few of them CC just doesn't like playing any of them. Mcmanaman, Mcgeady last year and Buckley all got good pace but Carlos prefers work horses like reach. 

CC does not play with wingers in the traditional sense. Can anyone think of an instance this season, when our supposed wide player has taken a player on, beat them and delivered a cross ? I'm struggling to think of one instance, but I am sure someone will put me right.

I understand people wanting direct fast wingers, to provide width and service to our front men, but CC in his system doesn't use them in that way, Buckley and Macca were wasted and not utilised properly.

As many have said in numerous threads since Wednesday, we have the players, it's about finding a system to get the best out of them.

No CC doesn't use this system...

maybe should try it as likes of Rhodes n Winnall thrive off service. I.e. Why they aren't scoring now when usually score for fun. 

We rarely feed them with through balls like we did last season either. Bannan n Lee did last season but not so much now.  Mooey n Brown always looking to feed fast wingers in or Wells nipping through.  

We seem to lack in ideas this season. Needs sorting out. 

Yes CC has found a way to win ugly but should mix with flair not stop it altogether 

8 minutes ago, jrh said:

The thing is we have actually had a few of them CC just doesn't like playing any of them. Mcmanaman, Mcgeady last year and Buckley all got good pace but Carlos prefers work horses like reach. 

Having a work horse out wide is fine as long as you've got someone more direct on the other wing. 

I feel like this is kind of what Carlos wants to go for with this ridiculous thing of having Bannan on the left. Unfortunately Bannan still drifts too centrally and is generally wasted in that position, and having Wallace on the other side misses the point entirely. As much as I love Wallace and appreciate what he does give us, for what that system needs he isn't it.

We badly need somebody with raw pace out wide. We needed an out ball against Huddersfield the other night, someone who can get their head down and carry it out when we're on the counter and someone who is direct, can stretch team and can beat a man in attack. 

Next season should be Reach OR Wallace - not both - with someone of the above description on the other side. Bannan should either be playing centrally or on the bench. 

It'd be nice to have wingers and play them as wingers.

The other night we were so narrow and at time just overcrowding the middle of the park.

We've moved on now but a Jermaine Johnson coming off of the bench would have made our play more expansive, sped up our attacking play and frightened the life out of their full back in very much the same way that their right  winger who came in did to Pudil.

Edited by TrickyTrev

We need some pace desperately. 

How much difference would someone with a bit of pace have made on Wednesday night when we were dropping deep and defending? 

Having someone who can carry the ball two thirds of the pitch, allowing you to transition from defending to attacking, is never a bad thing. 

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It'd be nice to have wingers and play them as wingers.

The other night we were so narrow and at time just overcrowding the middle of the park.

We've moved on now but a Jermaine Johnson coming off of the bench would have made our play more expansive, sped up our attacking play and frightened the life out of their full back in very much the same way that their right  winger who came in did to Pudil.

What an enigma JJ is.

Not saying he'd be any good for us now before anyone starts, but its amazing how often he was the only player who gave us what he did while he was here, and how we've still not replaced that role years later.