For All Budding Directors Of Football

3 x categories to comment on.

Changes you think would put us in a better position to challenge for promotion next season. Put actual names against your changes.

The rest of us will vote on your intended changes (scored out of 10). We'll then work out your average score per category, and then add your average scores per category to give you a final total. The winner will need to get his / her CV ready for any pending opportunities that may later arise at S6.

Category 1 - who should manage the team next season?

Category 2 - what playing personnel would you move on / bring in, and what would your starting XI look like? (for both home and away games).

Category 3 - what would be your chosen style of play for (a) home games (b) away games

You'll need to bear in mind that any ridiculous suggestions will impede your ability to score highly e.g. it's highly unlikely that Aguero will be wanting to join us.

Let's give it a week before we look at the results.

Have fun!

lol

Category 1. Carlos

Category 2. Same Goalkeeper, Same Backline apart from a new partner for Lees. Midfield Diamond with new defensive midfielder, Lee and Bannan the two in the centre with Forristier behind Hooper and Rhodes up front.

Category 3. More expansive style at Home, a little more conservative Away.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Category 1. Carlos

Category 2. Same Goalkeeper, Same Backline apart from a new partner for Lee's. Midfield Diamond with new defensive midfielder, Lee and Bannan the two in the centre with Forristier behind Hooper and Rhodes up front.

why do you want to keep Carlos then if you are completely changing the tactics

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Category 1. Carlos

Category 2. Same Goalkeeper, Same Backline apart from a new partner for Lees. Midfield Diamond with new defensive midfielder, Lee and Bannan the two in the centre with Forristier behind Hooper and Rhodes up front.

A little bit more conservative! We'll have 10 men on our own 18 yard line FFS :duntmatter:

22 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

why do you want to keep Carlos then if you are completely changing the tactics

How am I completely changing the tactics. It's a slight variation on 4-4-2 and the tactics I'm proposing are a bit between the two styles we've seen over the last two seasons but then again there are two many clever pedantic posters on here to see that :rolleyes:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

17 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Category 1. Carlos

So, I'll vote as follows

Category 1 - 8/10

Category 2 - 5/10 - no naming of names and unsure what the starting XI would be

Category 3 - 6/10 - a bit vague although the general gist is there for all to see and interpret.

48 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Changes you think would put us in a better position to challenge for promotion next season. Put actual names against your changes.

The rest of us will vote on your intended changes (scored out of 10). We'll then work out your average score per category, and then add your average scores per category to give you a final total. The winner will need to get his / her CV ready for any pending opportunities that may later arise at S6.

Category 2 - what playing personnel would you move on / bring in, and what would your starting XI look like? (for both home and away games).

Category 3 - what would be your chosen style of play for (a) home games (b) away games

You'll need to bear in mind that any ridiculous suggestions will impede your ability to score highly e.g. it's highly unlikely that Aguero will be wanting to join us.

Have fun!

lol

Shame you did'nt do this 2 days ago. Half the rubbish on here would'nt be here. 

58 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Have fun!

Greetings Owlsman!

Carlos. But. I'm going to lay it on the line to him. Go back to what you do best, be the old Carlos or I'm afraid I'll do it myself.

Yes. Me, Lord Snooty.
 I know I'm director of football. But lets be honest, this rarely works.

If I was manager I wouldn't want some clown upstairs signing players I didn't want.

And vice versa I wouldn't want to be signing players willy nilly and annoying the manager if I was DOF.  

So I'll do both jobs.
Will also save a few bob.

Category 2 - what playing personnel would you move on / bring in, and what would your starting XI look like? (for both home and away games).
I wouldn't go mad in the transfer market. It creates problem making wholesale changes.  

We should know this after the grazy transfer seasons we've just had.

This squad has a great spirit and togetherness.  

Besides, I don't want to faff about trying the permutations and wasting time.

I know what needs to be done.  

Two players are coming in.  Abraham or Wickham as my rangy , mobile striker. If I can't get one I'll get the other. 

And Jackson Irvine is coming into midfield.

Not a big name granted, but someone who fits the bill.  I won't be swayed by big name players whose careers are on the wain coming here for a last pay day. I want young hungry players on their way up.  1 in 4 goals ratio from midfield and likes a tackle. You'll do for me ,boy!

IN :

• One of Wickham, Wood or Abraham
  • Irvine

OUT:

I'll listen to offers for anyone on the fringes.

OUT on Loan : 

Hirst and Wildsmith.

You don't learn anything playing boys every week or sitting on a bench.  Andy Rhodes can be sub keeper. 

We'll play subtly different home and away.

At home where teams will come and sit back I will flood the midfield with our technicians and completely dominate them from minute one. It will be a relentless domination. Teams coming to Hillsborough will be like a boxer on the ropes from the first minute.

Away from home we'll be just as attack minded.  

I'll not be going to Burton to stifle them. Oh no , I'll be going there to put them to the sword.

The pressure is on the home side to attack....they'll be open and I'll sodding well enjoy and expose that openess and go toe to toe with them!  

I'll not be bothered about dropping big name players to get results.

If they don't fit the match day plan  they'll have to get used to it or get out. Horses for courses. Some fit one way and not the other. They'll have to get that in their heads. They all have a job to do and will all play a part, but only in their best positions.

Image may contain: text

Oh.

And we'll be doing it in this as well.

It's the deciding factor really. There's no point me putting together a devastating, attacking and thrusting team which is going to smash the league if the hoodoo hanging over us.  The 'silverware kit'

9vhbDWx.jpg

Oh. And one final thing. 

All my players will be wearing black leather boots with proper studs.

There will be no metatarsal breaks on my watch 

Look forward to hearing from you Chairman.

Edited by Lord Snooty

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Greetings Owlsman!

Carlos. But. I'm going to lay in on the line to him. Go back to what you do best, or I'm afraid I'll do it myself.

Yes. Me, Lord Snooty.

If I was manager I wouldn't want some clown upstairs signing players I didn't want.

And vice versa I wouldn't want to be signing players willy nilly and annoying the manager if I was DOF.  

So I'll do both jobs.

Category 2 - what playing personnel would you move on / bring in, and what would your starting XI look like? (for both home and away games).
I wouldn't go mad in the transfer market. It creates problem making wholesale changes.  

Two players are coming in.  Abraham or Wickham as my rangy , mobile striker. If I can't get one I'll get the other. 

Not a big name granted, but someone who fits the bill.  I won't be swayed by big name players whose careers are on the wain coming here for a last pay day. I want young hungry players on their way up.  1 in 4 goals ratio from midfield and likes a tackle. You'll do for me ,boy!

IN :

• Irvine

OUT:

OUT on Loan : 

Hirst and Wildsmith.

You don't learn anything playing boys every week or sitting on a bench.  Andy Rhodes can be sub keeper. 

At home where teams will come and sit back I will flood the midfield with our technicians and completely dominate them from minute one. It will be a relentless domination. Teams coming to Hillsborough will be like a boxer on the ropes from the first minute.

I'll not be going to Burton to stifle them. Oh no , I'll be going there to put them to the sword.

The pressure is on the home side to attack....they'll be open and I'll sodding well enjoy and expose that openess and go toe to toe with them!  

If they don't fit the match day plan  they'll have to get used to it or get out. Horses for courses. Some fit one way and not the other. They'll have to get that in their heads. They all have a job to do and will all play a part, but only in their best positions.

Oh.

It's the deciding factor really. There's no point me putting together a devastating, attacking and thrusting team which is going to smash the league if the hoodoo hanging over us.  The 'silverware kit'

9vhbDWx.jpg

Oh. And one final thing. 

Thank you Snoots.

I'm giving you 9/10

8/10

10/10

Mainly because you're the only one who's made a bloody effort so far 

lol

55 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Category 1 - who should manage the team next season? Carlos preferably but if he decides to go try get Jokanovic from Fulham or Wagner from Huddersfield (provided they don't go up) 

Category 2 - what playing personnel would you move on / bring in, and what would your starting XI look like? (for both home and away games). Rid of all the dead wood who aren't ever going to get near the bench (even if it means them going for nowt, so they're off the wage bill). Wouldn't want to move any of the first team on but if we had to get rid of one of our 'stars' it'd have to be forestieri. Realistically think we only need a left back, right back to push hunt, centre half and a winger.

Westwood

Hunt/new rb

Lees/Hutchinson

Maguire (hull)

Fox/Pudil/lb

winger

abdi

lee

reach

rhodes

hooper

Attacking football at home, don't worry about teams scoring, we just need to score more than them. Away from home depends on the opposition, get at teams and put them under pressure from the start if needed, if not play similar to what we have this season.

Have fun!

lol

Category 1 - who should manage the team next season? Simple, Carlos - Best manager we have had in 15 years or so, achieved best finish in that time and 6th, 4th is a great return. Proven that can win ugly (too much, some may say). Knows the players, players seem to love him, he seems to love the place.

Category 2 - what playing personnel would you move on / bring in, and what would your starting XI look like? (for both home and away games). This is a hard one, but in an ideal would I think I'd want to play 343 formation as I believe this allows us to make most of our assets (forwards) and minimises our weaknesses (fullbacks). It also allows us to solve problem of how to fit Hutch in to a midfield 4.

Out's:

• Sougou (not sure if still on books or in contract) no replacement required 
  • Urby (not sure if still on books or in contract) no replacement required 
  • Bus (not sure if still on books or in contract) no replacement required 
  • Dielna (not sure if still on books or in contract) no replacement required 
  • Lachman (not sure if still on books or in contract) no replacement required 
  • McGugan(not sure if still on books or in contract) no replacement required 
  • Melo (not sure if still on books or in contract) replacement required 
  • Keen (not sure if still on books or in contract) no replacement required 

In's:

• Irvine - If we get rid of Melo or any other of our CM's
  • Jota - If we get rid of Fessi or Matias
  • Manga - On free 

Playing Squad

Keeper - Westwood, Wildsmith, Dawson

CBs - Lees, Loovens, Hutch, Sasso, Manga, Pudil

Left Wing Forward - Reach, Fox, Pudil, Penney

Right Wing Forward - Hunt, Palmer, Lee

CMs - Lee, Bannan, Irvine, Abdi, Jones, Semedo

Left Forward - Fessi, Jaoa, Hirst

Right Forward - Matias, Hooper, Wallace, Jota

Striker - Rhodes, Fletch, Winnall, Nuhui

Thats 31 players (2/3 of which still in development squad). Which may lead to 4/5 going on loan if all are fit at beginning of season. To be loaned: Fox, Penney, Hirst, Winall, Jaoa

Away.thumb.png.9616d24266cd6d28d443f9a8116a84e3.pngHome.thumb.png.6c693057a710efbaaae349930caee0e4.png

Not named teams as each opposite requires bespoke players!

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Greetings Owlsman!

Carlos. But. I'm going to lay it on the line to him. Go back to what you do best, be the old Carlos or I'm afraid I'll do it myself.

Yes. Me, Lord Snooty.

So I'll do both jobs.

IN :

• Irvine

OUT:

OUT on Loan : 

Hirst and Wildsmith.

Oh.

9vhbDWx.jpg

Oh. And one final thing. 

Love the strip addition too! 

1. Megson. Want a manager with a promotion from the championship on his cv.

2. Release all those out of contract; Dielna, Lachman, Sougou, Bus, Sasso, Semedo.

new contracts for Wildsmith and Dawson.

move Hutch to centre back and sign another; Maguire or Hanley.

The key player to sign is a top quality centre mid who makes the team tick like Ticker Taylor back in the day. Huddlestone or (if Huddersfield don't go up) Mooy. Jackson Irvine if we can't get anyone of the above quality.

unfortunately I think we need another striker to play the lone striker role. Liked Lord Snootys choice of Tammy Abraham

3. 4-3-3 

Westwood

Hunt

Hutchinson

Lees

Pudil

Lee

Mooy

Abdi

Macmanaman

Abraham

Forestieri