Kieran Lee

Thought this guy deserved a thread.

He had surgery 4 months ago(!!) yet played 120 minutes of football on Wednesday night, looking absolutely spent by the end. He still stepped up for a pen though (and his was probably the best of them all).

He probably thought he wouldn't play again until next season and then found himself on a the verge of a play off final. He will be gutted.

20170519_222201.png

10 minutes ago, Chardron said:

Thought this guy deserved a thread.

He had surgery 4 months ago(!!) yet played 120 minutes of football on Wednesday night, looking absolutely spent by the end. He still stepped up for a pen though (and his was probably the best of them all).

He probably thought he wouldn't play again until next season and then found himself on a the verge of a play off final. He will be gutted.

20170519_222201.png

And the hit he took on the knee when he blocked Well's shot.  Shocking. I thought his leg was going to snap!

He did quieten after that point.  But I genuinely don't think many other players in the league would have still been on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolute machine.

I pray he sticks around because he deserves Premier League football. 

Totally agree and I wouldn't blame him if he took a chance should a PL club come in for him. Model pro.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

he frustrates me when he gets into great positions but doesn't take a shot though. If he added that to his game he'd be in the division above with or without us.

I used to criticise him for that but thought he did add that to his game before his surgery. It will come back with confidence 

3 minutes ago, Chardron said:

I used to criticise him for that but thought he did add that to his game before his surgery. It will come back with confidence 

I agree that he's started to shoot more at the end of last season and this season p.

15 minutes ago, Almat said:

Totally agree and I wouldn't blame him if he took a chance should a PL club come in for him. Model pro.

Neither would I. If he wanted to leave I wouldn't be disappointed or boo him if he ever returned. He's never ever let us down and has been our most consistent performer for three years.

He deserves more than Wednesday, if he gets the offer from a prem club I'd let him take it. 

20 minutes ago, Almat said:

Absolutely. He is everything a "professional" footballer should be. We are fortunate in that we have several others who also fit this bill.

Edited by ChapSmurf

A good player but I'm afraid he isn't as good as some of you think. Our results without him were better than with him. The midfield needs an overhaul and fresh ideas. Now I'm sure some of you won't like what I've posted but what midfield would you play next season?

I like Hutchinson but he is erratic and will miss games due to injury or suspension.

Bannan has as many bad as good games is lightweight but weighs in assists.

Wallace has the experience scores some worldies but doesnt have the legs to go past a player.

Jones is steady but not spectacular.

Abdi well what can you say. I thought we had a gen on our books but he was dropped for the favourites of Carlos.

Reach has been moved between full back and left wing and still seems to be finding his feet.

Forestieri is not a striker and left midfield seems his best position.

As for signing a winger we have had loads and none suited to Carlos's set up. Maybe Lee might be better used on the right of midfield but won't be an out and out winger whipping crosses in.

We have an abundance of strikers but the above have failed to create the chances along with the full backs that they deserve.

We need better if we want to progress. I've said before on here the above are good enough for the play offs nothing more.