Sam Winnall...

I cannot imagine how Sam Winnall is feeling at the moment.... When he signed for us he had scored 11 league goals for Barnsley, but he obviously saw us an opportunity to further develop his career. A few weeks after he signs we then sign Rhodes and it must of being clear that he was going to drop down the selection pecking order. He played really well against his old club but then gets totally dropped from the squad, then with 10 min to go on Wednesday night, he has to suffer the ignominy and humiliation of Nuhui being sent on to save the day for us. I know that in modern professional football there is little room for sentiment but l do feel really sorry for this young man.... who came to our club with the best of intentions and has been given little opportunity to show his talents .... I am a bit ashamed about how we have treated him and tbh l am sure he probably really regrets joining us now.

13 minutes ago, Thorpski said:

I cannot imagine how Sam Winnall is feeling at the moment.... When he signed for us he had scored 11 league goals for Barnsley, but he obviously saw us an opportunity to further develop his career. A few weeks after he signs we then sign Rhodes and it must of being clear that he was going to drop down the selection pecking order. He played really well against his old club but then gets totally dropped from the squad, then with 10 min to go on Wednesday night, he has to suffer the ignominy and humiliation of Nuhui being sent on to save the day for us. I know that in modern professional football there is little room for sentiment but l do feel really sorry for this young man.... who came to our club with the best of intentions and has been given little opportunity to show his talents .... I am a bit ashamed about how we have treated him and tbh l am sure he probably really regrets joining us now.

Good post buddy...he is better than a lot of people think..including CC.

11 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Forestieri needs to go

No way, only attacker who can run at a defence from midfield and worry them.

all the rest need service in the box (which we arnt really giving, apart from Bannan)

11 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Forestieri needs to go

Good to see you're going well with your rep count.

Now why would you want Forestieri to go?  He's possibly one of the best players SWFC have ever had on their books.

31 minutes ago, Thorpski said:

It annoys me how a useless lump that is slow, keeps falling over and  hasn't scored for us in 16 months gets the nod over hungry, lively players like Winnall. 

SW could've changed that game for us in a positive, yet we get Honey G who is clueless when we need to win a game.

I think Winnall has been a victim of circumstance.

When we realised he was available at such a decent price, from the club's point of view it was a no brainer to sign him up.

I am also convinced that Wednesday felt having already secured Sam, it strengthened their hand in the acquisition of Rhodes as well as being a back up option had Middlesbrough decided not to sell.

Once Rhodes came in it left Winnall being third or forth choice, something his ability and certainly his form didn't deserve. Can't help but feel a bit sorry for the lad.

Hopefully with a few leaving in the summer and a full pre season to impress, he'll be given more of an opportunity next year.