Jordan Rhodes statement

He didn't want to make one unfortunately......

Serious point though, why did Carlos out him for that and then try and defend him afterwards? Strange one for me, either protect him or shame him, but both?

Was it planned to fire him up to prove himself more next year or more likely maybe he said it originally in a pique of frustration then just backtracked.

anyway him and Abdi gonna have more of an impact with full pre season together with squad.

onwards and upwards.

Edited by goodytheowl

I think that if Rhodes was down to take one he would have replaced Hunt, Lee or Bannan...they all scored

It takes a lot of b@lls to take the first one and I guess Hutch was first to volunteer as he is that type of bloke.

Fessi was the banker and so was last to guarentee a goal.....or so we hoped.

Fessi takes a poor pen. Knew he'd miss it. Hutch has big balls so knew he'd be first. JR didn't fancy it. It happens. Surprised CC was quick to say JR didn't want to take one when all he needed to say was that they'd practised pens and the best five took them. End of.

Edited by Semedo's ferret

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

Abdi would be great under a new coach. CC will never break his golden boy midfield of bazza and lee. i'd sell bazza tomorrow, poor season as a whole. We have been found out with his and our style of play

Good player is Bazza but only got a left foot, he never uses his right, sometimes he does nearly a full circle to bring the ball onto his left foot so he can play the ball when he could just as easy hit it with his right foot. 

Abdi has not had a real chance, with a full pre season and then some games behind him he might just come good. Watford fans rated him more than Fessi. 

56 minutes ago, Lombado said:

I think that if Rhodes was down to take one he would have replaced Hunt, Lee or Bannan...they all scored

It takes a lot of b@lls to take the first one and I guess Hutch was first to volunteer as he is that type of bloke.

Fessi was the banker and so was last to guarentee a goal.....or so we hoped.

I agree that it does take a lot of balls to step up and take the first penalty in front of the kop in massively important shoot out.

That's what he is paid £50k per week for though!!!!!

I don't blame him for missing a pen at Leeds, I don't blame Hutchinson or FF for missing there but find it baffling  that one of the best strikers outside the Premier league last few years and a regular penalty taker didn't want to take one. Abdicated responsibility in my verdict.

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

Abdi would be great under a new coach. CC will never break his golden boy midfield of bazza and lee. i'd sell bazza tomorrow, poor season as a whole. We have been found out with his and our style of play

Bannan was best player on the pitch for us the other night, Abdi is crap, have you watched him play this season?

26 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Bannan was best player on the pitch for us the other night, Abdi is crap, have you watched him play this season?

Wow bazza has a good game and hes a world beater again!

Abdi hasn't been given a chance/ tactics haven't suited his style of play. Bazza is a CC's little pet undroppable. Yet hes been shocking for most of this season. And yes ive watched him all season

1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Fessi takes a poor pen. Knew he'd miss it. Hutch has big balls so knew he'd be first. JR didn't fancy it. It happens. Surprised CC was quick to say JR didn't want to take one when all he needed to say was that they'd practised pens and the best five took them. End of.

Interesting on Tuesday night when Jaap Stam said he knew Kermogant would score his pen as he was the only one who did in training! Although that may have been Al Habsi, he's saved a pen against us for Wigan and is a top shot stopper. Still an interesting admission from Stam. 

I think CC saying this to the press is a massive hint that we've seen the last of him here. Things like this should most definitely be kept in-house. The situation is made all the worse due to Rhodes' dad being a prominent figure in the backroom staff, arguably the most passionate of the lot of them. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree that it does take a lot of balls to step up and take the first penalty in front of the kop in massively important shoot out.

That's what he is paid £50k per week for though!!!!!

I don't blame him for missing a pen at Leeds, I don't blame Hutchinson or FF for missing there but find it baffling  that one of the best strikers outside the Premier league last few years and a regular penalty taker didn't want to take one. Abdicated responsibility in my verdict.

Got to agree, when your the star striker and record signing you've simply got to step up and do your job. He's better qualified than just about anyone else

in the squad. 

4 hours ago, goodytheowl said:

He didn't want to make one unfortunately......

Serious point though, why did Carlos out him for that and then try and defend him afterwards? Strange one for me, either protect him or shame him, but both?

Was it planned to fire him up to prove himself more next year or more likely maybe he said it originally in a pique of frustration then just backtracked.

anyway him and Abdi gonna have more of an impact with full pre season together with squad.

onwards and upwards.

He didn't "out" him.

As far as I can see carlos made one statement from which isolated quotes were taken to subsequently lose the intended context...

Edited by slinger208b

Carlos was asked the question but I don't think he should have told the reporter the reason as its only going to out more fan pressure on Rhodes and I still think he could prove to be the best striker we have.