Shopping List

Hopefully the recruitment drive is already underway, but much can we trust the recruitment team on 3 fronts?

1. Getting the requirements right - I've seen people mention 2 wingers and a CB - what about the absolute must if 2 quality full backs, which is a big gap and something different in the middle to remove Bannan

2. Getting the right quality - self explanatory - but who can ensure the manager will give these people a fair crack in they're proper position?

3. Getting the right price - would we all complain so much about Reach if he cost a more realistic £2m? And wages are a serious consideration- based on ticket prices the fans are being asked to contribute so any more Emanuelsons and there should be an uproar!

I'd like to think there's going to be an inquiry on all the wasted money this year, largely last seasons team have delivered the year on year improvement 

Seriously.

i like either of the Brentford Centre Backs

a bigger unit in midfield

id try improve on Wallace although he's played well. Need pace and real creativity.

id also look to play 3 - 1 - 3 -3

Westwood

lees

+ 2

Hutch

abdi

lee

+ 1

Fessi

Rhodes

Hooper

sub

Wildsmith

Loovens

Bannan

Matias

Winnal

Fletcher

Hunt

51 minutes ago, mark1982 said:

Hopefully the recruitment drive is already underway, but much can we trust the recruitment team on 3 fronts?

1. Getting the requirements right - I've seen people mention 2 wingers and a CB - what about the absolute must if 2 quality full backs, which is a big gap and something different in the middle to remove Bannan

2. Getting the right quality - self explanatory - but who can ensure the manager will give these people a fair crack in they're proper position?

3. Getting the right price - would we all complain so much about Reach if he cost a more realistic £2m? And wages are a serious consideration- based on ticket prices the fans are being asked to contribute so any more Emanuelsons and there should be an uproar!

I'd like to think there's going to be an inquiry on all the wasted money this year, largely last seasons team have delivered the year on year improvement 

Remove Bannan?

In the right system he's still one of the best in the division.

The theme of this string is exactly right... recruitment is a major problem for us, we seem to spend our money haphazardly, without thought as to how these players will fit into our squad and contribute... there too many examples of players we have bought only to find they do not meet our needs... Mr Chansiri should be tearing his hair out when he looks at the players he has put into the squad and got absolutely no return from.... l really hope the summer is a period where we clear out the deadwood and make a few quality additions in the areas where they are needed.

Quality rather than quantity has to be the goal this summer, we've got a very large squad as it is. 

Imho:

1 x CB : I'm happy enough with what we've got, but it's the one position we lack depth so we need another, and that should be someone we expect to push for a first team place. 

1 x CM : a powerful box to box type. We should be looking to move Semedo, Melo & McGugan on and then a new one to give us the extra physicality we lack and compete with our existing options. 

1x RB : Hunt's improved over the season, so I'd be looking for a new one to compete with him as an improvement on Palmer. 

1 x Winger : with Buckley/Macca having failed to make much impression and presumably leaving we need another option for depth. Should have pace and flair and be able to beat a man as we're too reliant on Fessi for that in our current squad. Also needs to be someone Carlos will actually trust to play, no point repeating McManaman and bringing in a bench warmer. 

(maybe also a  new LB, but with Pudil, Fox & Reach we're well stocked for numbers, but if we can do better and move someone on we should) 

Edited by davethemagicweasel

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

NEW CB/Hutchinson

NEW LB

NEW RM

Bannan/Lee/Hutchinson

Bannan/Lee/Hutchinson

NEW LM

Hooper

Fletcher/Forestieri

Bench

Wildsmith

NEW CB/Hutchinson

Jones

Reach 

Wallace

Winnall

Rhodes

I don't know, its hard to pinpoint exactly what we want/need given likely managerial changes, if we assume CC leaves it all depends on what formation the new manager likes and what players will fit into that formation. I'm sure based on the current squad we have theres a Championship winning team in there somewhere, we just need somebody that can find it without spending excessively more money.

But I would say for definite we need a young CB partner for Lees, a LB thats quicker than Pudil but better than Fox, two proper wide men that aren't scared of taking people on with real quality on the ball and then possibly a big juggernaut powerhouse in midfield. 

I can't see a major amount of signings, just maybe 3/4 personally unless people leave . We have a decent squad even with many out of contracted players leaving.

1 CB- a 6ft 3/4 guy who can pass the ball and is fairly mobile - could we get Bartley ? Or tarkowski ? Someone like that

1 RM- somebody who can actually create and run past full backs with pace - I mean izzy brown is on loan? Could we look at someone like him? 

other than that you probably have a good few for each position 

westwood wildsmith

hunt palmer

lees loovens

New sasso

pudil fox

wallace new

bannan jones

hutch lee

reach ff

hooper fletch

rhodes winnall

could that squad get us to the play offs or hopefully automatic ?

7 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I can't see a major amount of signings, just maybe 3/4 personally unless people leave . We have a decent squad even with many out of contracted players leaving.

1 CB- a 6ft 3/4 guy who can pass the ball and is fairly mobile - could we get Bartley ? Or tarkowski ? Someone like that

1 RM- somebody who can actually create and run past full backs with pace - I mean izzy brown is on loan? Could we look at someone like him? 

other than that you probably have a good few for each position 

westwood wildsmith

hunt palmer

lees loovens

New sasso

pudil fox

wallace new

bannan jones

hutch lee

reach ff

hooper fletch

rhodes winnall

could that squad get us to the play offs or hopefully automatic ?

Almen Abdi? 

New manager in first who will assess the squad and will then pick a system and brand of football to compliment the players at our disposal. 

Then we will need to decide who goes and who we will bring in.

Regardless on which system we choose, a top class left sided centre back

must be on the top of the agenda.

Just now, Bodhidharma said:

New fullbacks.

Centre back to replace /compete with Loovens. 

A very good combative midfielder with more attacking threat than Hutchinson.

A good winger to replace/ compete with Wallace.

That's 5.

Compete with Loovens, 

FFS, if Loovens is in our starting line up next season I will cry.

We need modern centre backs. 

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Compete with Loovens, 

FFS, if Loovens is in our starting line up next season I will cry.

We need modern centre backs. 

Well I was being kind but yeah.

He'd still be in the squad though and club captain no doubt.