This Summer - Ins and Outs

I think it's going to be a summer of many comings and goings, the comings not as many as the goings hopefully.

Key positions to sign players: Right Back, Left Back, 1/2 Centre Backs, 1 Midfield monster and 2/3 Wingers.

2 players I would like to see come to us are Charlie Taylor and Aaron Mooy. These 2 would instantly improve our starting 11. Unrealistically now I think but Harry Maguire would have been perfect for us, however, he will end up at a Prem side next season but we need someone very similar to partner Lees at the back.

I know he's been out of the game for 18 months but Judge is out of contract and should be worth considering, not sure how much longer he is out for though!

Izzy Brown would be worth a cheeky loan bid as well, not necessarily for the first team but would be a good option and a cheap one on the bench.

The key to our signings will be getting shut of players from the wage bill. Whilst I am not sure who is actually out of contract, the following must be got rid off:

Erby

Mcgugan

Melo

Sougou

Dielna

Bus

Mathias

Joao

Nuhiu

Fletcher (too much of an expensive luxury who offers nothing different IMO)

Disposable players: Pudil, Loovens, Palmer, Jones.

I reckon we have seen the last of Fernando in a Wednesday shirt, can see a big money bid coming in for him.

We won't be needing wingers under Carlos if he stays. For some reason we ignore one of the key parts of the game and don't play with wingers or any width whatsoever from the midfield. If love us to get some pace in the squad whoever we buy. Huddersfield were naff up front but they knew how to carry the ball fast and use the wings. Something we haven't done all season. Tactically of course.

5 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I think it's going to be a summer of many comings and goings, the comings not as many as the goings hopefully.

Key positions to sign players: Right Back, Left Back, 1/2 Centre Backs, 1 Midfield monster and 2/3 Wingers.

2 players I would like to see come to us are Charlie Taylor and Aaron Mooy. These 2 would instantly improve our starting 11. Unrealistically now I think but Harry Maguire would have been perfect for us, however, he will end up at a Prem side next season but we need someone very similar to partner Lees at the back.

I know he's been out of the game for 18 months but Judge is out of contract and should be worth considering, not sure how much longer he is out for though!

Izzy Brown would be worth a cheeky loan bid as well, not necessarily for the first team but would be a good option and a cheap one on the bench.

The key to our signings will be getting shut of players from the wage bill. Whilst I am not sure who is actually out of contract, the following must be got rid off:

Erby

Mcgugan

Melo

Sougou

Dielna

Bus

Mathias

Joao

Nuhiu

I reckon we have seen the last of Fernando in a Wednesday shirt, can see a big money bid coming in for him.

Fernando's value will have plummeted this season 

Guest domSWFC

I think Lachman is a player we could now get a fee for too. I think he's out of contract in January, but he's had a fantastic season on loan in Holland. 

Move on the likes of Urby, McGugan, Melo, Joao, Sougou and Nuhiu. Bring in just 3 or 4 quality players. 

We have a huge squad with too many stealing a wage. It needs to be refined, and build on the solid base we have. 

Sign players to make a team around Hooper, Lee, Lee's and Hutch. We can't just sign good players and try and shoe horn them in somewhere, like we have with Jones and Abdi. 

3 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I think Lachman is a player we could now get a fee for too. I think he's out of contract in January, but he's had a fantastic season on loan in Holland. 

Move on the likes of Urby, McGugan, Melo, Joao, Sougou and Nuhiu. Bring in just 3 or 4 quality players. 

We have a huge squad with too many stealing a wage. It needs to be refined, and build on the solid base we have. 

Sign players to make a team around Hooper, Lee, Lee's and Hutch. We can't just sign good players and try and shoe horn them in somewhere, like we have with Jones and Abdi. 

If we want to play Hutch and Lee and Bannan in the middle then we need a change in tactics, its got be a 532 or 433 (451), in which case we potentially don't need wingers at all. Its been like this all season. I just wish we would will sell one of them and that would fix it for us. Like a broken record this.

Out's plenty of candidates

In

CB

- Pontus Jansen (from leeds). (Perfect replacement for Loovens)

LB

- Meredith (Bradford) - Malone (Fulham) - Taylor - (Leeds).

Winger

- Jota - Judge- Stanislas - Routledge, Sako, (Premier Loan - with Pace even).

I'd like Mooy - but suspect he's going to the PL.

I'd like to not sign Rhoades and sign Assombolonga - he's got pace and a big shot. ( I like Fletch, Hoops and Winnal).

38 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Erby

Mcgugan

Melo

Sougou

Dielna

Bus

Mathias

Joao

Nuhiu

Fletch had the best minute to goal ratio out of all our players. 

With all them coming towards the latter stages of the season. 

He's a threat in the air and for me totally wrong decision to take him off yesterday when we did. 

Definitely keep him. The rest, get rid of. 

Replacement for Palmer (to challenge Hunt), Pudil or Fox keep one, keep Loovens and sign another CB (we need 4, we only have 3) and Jones...decide if you want to play to his strengths or not, same with Abdi, Rhodes, and potential wingers.

35 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Erby

Mcgugan

Melo

Sougou

Dielna

Bus

Mathias

Joao

Nuhiu

Izzy Brown would have walked into our midfield this year - precisely the type and build of player we have missed for a decade...

New first choice CB with Loovens as cover.

New LB and RB with Hunt as cover.

If I was manager I'd say to FF "do you wanna play every week" FF "yes"  me "right then your playing LM and running in on your right boot firing them in Top corner"

that way only 1 winger needed play Rhodes and winnal up top.

1 minute ago, djorkaeff said:

In

CB

LB

Winger

I'd like to not sign Rhoades and sign Assombolonga - he's got pace and a big shot. ( I like Fletch, Hoops and Winnal).

Id like Jansen too

Taylor will go PL

Malone may be but would be costly

Mooy - good player who was on loan wasn't he (if we got him though would need to lose one of midfield players to make way, who would that be?)

Rhodes - hhhhhmmm, depends on who our manager and style is going to be

1 minute ago, Lomas613 said:

If I was manager I'd say to FF "do you wanna play every week" FF "yes"  me "right then your playing LM and running in on your right boot firing them in Top corner"

that way only 1 winger needed play Rhodes and winnal up top.

I think it's clear for me that Gary Hooper needs to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

3 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

In

CB

LB

Winger

Some good shouts in there - particularly Jansen but if he goes anywhere I suspect it will be to the Prem.

I agree, I would ditch the Rhodes deal if we are not going to play to his strengths + concern about whether he is infact a big game player after hiding last night...

46 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Well the 'big money' will be about £10m less than before yesterday after that pathetic penalty.

He bottled it too, but everyone is just content to have a pop at Rhodes.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Think we have enough up front, nuhui and possibly Joan to go, if so replace with a pacey option.

Rest of squad is solid, just some quality to add rather then wholesale.changes. for me...

CM

WINGER

CB

What is wrong with the tea?

Why should you just pick on Joan the tea lady?

Just now, Jeff King's dog said:

Well the 'big money' will be about £10m less than before yesterday after that pathetic penalty.

He bottled it too, but everyone is just content to have a pop at Rhodes.

FF was a crap penalty like his previous one, inexcusable for his talent.

He did at least step up however. That's what the pops are for

We really need to trim the squad back, Carlos is forever trying to tinker with the system in an attempt to accommodate players and it's just not worked this season.

Also we need a couple of strikers to strike up and understanding and once again stop chopping and changing the front 2. We seriously do not need Joao, Nuhiu, Hooper, Winnall, Rhodes, Fletcher and Forestieri. Good strikers no doubt but no side at this level needs that many strikers!!!

For me I would move on Joao, Nuhiu and Winnall and go with Rhodes, Fletcher, Forestieri and Hooper. 4 top strikers at this level competing for 2 shirts up front.

I'd also try to move on plenty of the squad players and summer signings that have flopped such as Abdi, Jones, Semedo, Matias, Melo, Lachman and McGugan.

Of course all of the above depends on clubs wanting to take them and willing to pay them what they want. The sqaud we have at present though is just too big!! In the words of Andy Hinchcliffe last night "less is more".

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

FF was a crap penalty like his previous one, inexcusable for his talent.

He did at least step up however. That's what the pops are for

Rhodes hasn't been palying enough and therefore didn't fancy it. Not great I admit, but at least he was honest.

FF just sauntered up believing his own hype and took a casual penalty my granny could have saved, even allowing for getting out of the Shackletons High Seat chair. If he is our 'quality' we are in trouble next season.