deja vu overload

14 months ago Rotherham came to Hillsborough and targeted Pudil's age / lack of pace, athleticism and won the game - is it any coincidence after Colin's recent visit to Huddersfield?! 

We still lack any real pace in the side and were unable to target Heffelump in the same way.

We change a winning formation to shoehorn central midfielders into the team.

Fletcher and Forestieri have never looked like a strike partnership all season, yet play the majority of the 2 most important games of the season - Fessi is not an up top striker and Carlos must be watching a different game to me.

Rhodes and Winnall do look a decent strike partnership but were never given a chance.

How Wagner with his limited resources and bench impacted the game versus Carlos's decisions is frankly embarrassing.

I think we can all accept managers making mistakes but repeating them after spending millions is unforgiveable - and defending at Huddersfield as if we were playing Manchester United does not look so clever now does it?

I'm sorry Carlos you deserved to the end of this season, but yesterday your dream died.

This Summer, we have to recruit players who will improve our starting eleven and inject some pace like we should have done last year!

Edited by ItsAGrumbleFromImre

1 minute ago, ItsAGrumbleFromImre said:

Rhodes and Winnall do look a decent strike partnership but were never given a chance.

This has been my largest bugbear for months now.

When they played together they showed every sign of developing an understanding between them. Great movement, running off each other and making space for themselves and others around them.

We should build the team around those two + hooper as our primary strike options next year, preferably with Joao and Hirst pushing them.

4 minutes ago, ItsAGrumbleFromImre said:

This Summer, we have to recruit players who will improve our starting eleven and inject some pace like we should have done last year!

Pace + crosses + a little bit of flair on the flanks is a must. Throw in a couple of extra CBs to rotate/challenge for first team and we could see something truly special.

The ultra-conservative "sit back and defend at all costs" approach needs to bugger off and die a permanent death, too.

3 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

Hardly posts and wants Carlos Carvalhal gone.

Check. 

I'm sorry your excellency - I'll be sure to post endless streams off bullshit and rumours before I'm allowed to have an opinion!  I backed him earlier in the season on here but sadly my reservations have been proved correct by a limp exit in the play offs.

3 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

are you saying you have to have as many posts as you to give an opinion on CC?

That rules me out too then.

Ignore aero, everyone else on here does.

nine times out of ten he doesn't add anything to the discussion, he only post drivel and mundane 2 or 3 word replies just to see his name on EVERY thread, and increase his post count.

I think he thinks there's some sort of award for member with the most posts.

THEIR ISN'T !!!