The summer transfer window.

6 minutes ago, TheGiantOwl said:

Is there anything in the news or rumours about who we could/might potentially sign?

Yep, you havent signed Rhodes yet, that will; be £10 million please!

I fear we have blown our dough on Rhodes. 

Huddersfields best 2 players, Mooy and Brown, are loan players. That will be the direction we go in. 

As much as I like Bannan, Wallace, Pudil and Loovens, that's the 4 positions I would be looking at. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I fear we have blown our dough on Rhodes. 

Huddersfields best 2 players, Mooy and Brown, are loan players. That will be the direction we go in. 

As much as I like Bannan, Wallace, Pudil and Loovens, that's the 4 positions I would be looking at. 

I agree and when the dust settles CC or the new manager will need to decide on Rhodes, if we have an option that is...

Bannan aside I agree in the four mentioned, and add Hutch in midfield and Reach to that - all average. Bannan needs a different set up and midfield personnel to succeed.

This team is desperate for pace. We play in front of teams, hardly ever behind them. As daft as it sounds, we miss the option of Helan from the bench. He got us up the pitch and stretched defences. 

Hutchinson and Bannan also play far too deep when we are attacking. When Wednesday push forward, just look at the half way line. We've invariably got the 2 centre halfs, with Hutchinson and Bannan 10 yards away. This left a huge gap, hence why Mooy and Brown always seemed to have the ball. 

15 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

.tammy abraham on loan would be my first choice 

Yep, when four strikers aint enough, you may as well get a fifth.

I wonder if he will have the bottle to take a penalty though?

36 minutes ago, vulva said:

This team is desperate for pace. We play in front of teams, hardly ever behind them. As daft as it sounds, we miss the option of Helan from the bench. He got us up the pitch and stretched defences. 

Hutchinson and Bannan also play far too deep when we are attacking. When Wednesday push forward, just look at the half way line. We've invariably got the 2 centre halfs, with Hutchinson and Bannan 10 yards away. This left a huge gap, hence why Mooy and Brown always seemed to have the ball. 

Pace pace pace required, could not agree more.

As awful as it sounds and as much as love FF, I think we should try and get as much revenue in from selling him this summer.

Winnall, Rhodes, Fletcher and Hooper with Hirst pressing should be good enough - can't expect a striker to hit form playing 144th fiddle and getting 5 minutes here and there. Think we are top heavy at present.

Spend any generated & available money on:

left back - Pudil and fox aren't good enough. Pudil appears to be painfully unfit too!!

centre back - probably keep loovens in the squad but we need better. If it's in the air fine but with age he turns like a cart horse.

Centre mid - big enforcer. We've been done in the playoffs now by an athletic diame and a powerful mooy. We are too lightweight here and need a "big'un" to shore us up.

Wide - PACEEEEE!!! Most of our wingers can are shimmy/drop your shoulder guys. We need someone to get to the byline and instead of just trying to whip it in aimlessly power for the box. Someone to be a genuine out ball to run at someone on their own on the counter.

We may have to cash in on one or two to help fund other moves.  Would imagine the value will be Lee, Lees, Westwood and Forrestieri.

If we could get 6 or 7 million for FF may be prepared to off load.  Lee also could be sacrificed if Abdi can come back and be key.

We definitely need a further centre back and winger.   I would have said a Right Back but been impressed with Jack Hunt recently.  Can Matt Penney step up and be our left back ?

9 hours ago, TheGiantOwl said:

Is there anything in the news or rumours about who we could/might potentially sign?

Terry Henfleet on a three year contract is what im hearing. 

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If we had gone up then I would have liked to see us try and get Loftus Cheek on loan. Don't think he will drop to the Championship.

Apparently Brighton want to take Loftus Cheek and Abraham on loan next season.