Time to to spend big on a

Said it a few times on here, the most important signing a club makes is the manager. And they often get way paid less than star players. You only have to look at last night's game to realise this. 

Some on here keep restricting their search to out of work managers. Why? The Wednesday job is a dream one at the moment, let's look at poaching a successful manager currently in a job...

Edited by Almat

Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Guy from fulham is good and plays attacking football tbf , heckingbottom is one of those doing a good job for a small team who are probably overachieving 

Certainly possible but he followed his sterling work last season with a very solid job this season despite having the guts ripped out of his team. He might well have a bright future.

Just now, Dagmeister said:

Certainly possible but he followed his sterling work last season with a very solid job this season despite having the guts ripped out of his team. He might well have a bright future.

True I know what you mean, would he come to us ? After the winnall saga too. I would much rather have Fulham gaffer than heckie although he has done a good job. 

3 minutes ago, siggi jonsson said:

FFS Pardew got job in April 

Generally wouldn't suprise me if Carlos does go and pardew comes in . Just looked at Pardews record and hes had some fairly good seasons at various clubs to be fair. Newcastle finishing 5th , West Ham 8th I believe one year , place mid table with fa cup final , 

4 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

True I know what you mean, would he come to us ? After the winnall saga too. I would much rather have Fulham gaffer than heckie although he has done a good job. 

Yes I expect us to have a foreign coach next season to be fair. I also doubt it'll be Carlos.

4 minutes ago, ShaunO1 said:

I can see heckingbottom being another Danny Wilson. I'd have Wagner if I could choose any from the other championship teams

Yes whilst I think that he'll prove to be a good manager long term your comparison did spring to mind too. Doubt he's a punt that DC would take.

Edited by Dagmeister
Additional comment

12 hours ago, sheffwed4ever said:

Manager, It's wise for DC to get his wallet out and poach a good manager. I would start at Fulham 

Whoa!!!

A bit left field that one.

That's what i  call really thinking outside the box.

I would start at the next manager who strings more than two wins together.

That's where the usual short lists on here come from.