My thoughts are that's the last we'll see of FF in our shirt. He's not looked interested for months. True we've not been playing to his strengths but that begs the question 'why play him'

Too many times this season we've played like the national team in becoming experts of the sideways shuffle. 

Why do people have a go at FF?

It's quite obvious this season that he has not been at its best because he's not been played in the strongest position, which is just behind the front line and in front of midfield.

FF is a delicious sight when he picks up the ball and stretchs  those defenders to create space. 

How many times last season Diddy Paul apart and opposition only for our place to write that space and score such as Kieron Lee did on a number of occasions. 

7 hours ago, jrh said:

Understand the knee jerk reactions but he is our best player and we should build our team with him in it (on the left) not slag him off and get rid blah blah.

He has stated in the past he doesn't want to play on the left , he wants to play down the middle.

without a doubt our most skilful player however when he plays down the middle the team ends up unbalanced.

15 minutes ago, M Royds said:

Why do people have a go at FF?

It's quite obvious this season that he has not been at its best because he's not been played in the strongest position, which is just behind the front line and in front of midfield.

FF is a delicious sight when he picks up the ball and stretchs  those defenders to create space. 

How many times last season Diddy Paul apart and opposition only for our place to write that space and score such as Kieron Lee did on a number of occasions. 

So why does CC insist on playing him there when we have 4 other strikers to pick from not including hooper? Whats the point in buying these players.

3 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

He has stated in the past he doesn't want to play on the left , he wants to play down the middle.

without a doubt our most skilful player however when he plays down the middle the team ends up unbalanced.

In that case we build our entire team around him or we get rid as the current set up doesnt work

lol at this thread.  Our problem is the players who don't and simply can't  compete. Can we please not hound out the ones who actually have some ability and concentrate on the areas that need to be improved?

He made a bad judgment call, we drew a line on it. He has ran his little argie socks off for us on many occasions as he did tonight. A penalty is a penalty.

8 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

I'd sell him. He won't form a decent strike partnership because, as you suggest, he's too unpredictable. He can't be trusted out wide. 

Great individual player. But a struggle to fit him in. 

Yep bit like Barkley when he was here.

Guest wilyfox

FF has looked a forlorn figure for most of the season. No idea what the future holds for him. Fantastic player when he's on it. Will he still be here...I don't know. 

I'm getting splinters in my arris from sitting on the fence. I thought FF worked hard last night but didn't achieve a great deal.

He was trying hard but the spark seems to have gone. Last season he was mercurial, hassling defenders, nicking the ball from them in dangerous areas. Always likely to do something outrageous. Defenders couldn't rest with him on the pitch.

This year he's played well in patches but not anything like his magical best from last year. Maybe he's had a half decent season all things considered but that is actually not that good for Fernando. Next year he might hit top form again and get the magic back.

Think FF is a very good championship player when in the mood and although things didn't quite work for him last night he did put the effort in.

Still have not changed my opinion though that he crossed a line at Norwich and should have gone then and I think with hindsight that would have been the correct decision. Crosses my mind that incident has effected team spirit and nowhere near justified Wednesday bending over backwards for him and giving him a pay rise.

Someone who is paid £25k per week and throws a tantrum because his is on not enough money is someone I can not warm to. Be glad he goes if I am honest.

14 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'm getting splinters in my arris from sitting on the fence. I thought FF worked hard last night but didn't achieve a great deal.

He was trying hard but the spark seems to have gone. Last season he was mercurial, hassling defenders, nicking the ball from them in dangerous areas. Always likely to do something outrageous. Defenders couldn't rest with him on the pitch.

This year he's played well in patches but not anything like his magical best from last year. Maybe he's had a half decent season all things considered but that is actually not that good for Fernando. Next year he might hit top form again and get the magic back.

Bang on. Never looked the same player since that saga. Refs have wised up to him and he's often out of sorts. Clearly mardy at not being first choice or playing out wide. Time to go methinks.

A number of players are not fully fit, I would include him, Lee, Hooper potentially even Rhodes. By fit I mean having that match sharpness.

It should be less of an issue with our resources but our way of playing makes it a huge issue as all of those players "link" as Carlos suggests. When the link is right we look formidable, when it isn't we look hopeful. 

Too early to say whether we stick or twist with anyone, it depends how they shake this defeat off.

9 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

I don't think it will be a matter of if we keep him,he will be gone in the summer .

a fantastic player ,a match winner ,belongs in the premier league

Eek, I'm going to say this only once. He really isn't good/consistent enough to play in the PL.

PS Saddest thing for us now is that if he does go to pastures new it will most definitely be for a lot less wonga than we could have got around Norwichgate...

Edited by Almat