1 hour ago, Thewaynesday said:

Blackpool - Charlie Adam ? 

Decent shout. I'm not sure he had a free role but they certainly built the way they played around him. Didn't work out great for them in the long run though :ghoulguy:

26 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Foristieri is like that fit girlfriend who always gets chatted up by the scrubbers in the pub who tell everyone that there 'in there'..

And half the wednesday fans cant handle it out of jealousy.

Think its more to do with being on £25k per week and refusing to play for more money why a lot of Wednesday fans are not too keen on FF.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think its more to do with being on £25k per week and refusing to play for more money why a lot of Wednesday fans are not too keen on FF.

Think people need to accept that hes obviously had a different upbringing, life, morals and expactancies than the average sheffielders..

Whether we agree with what he does or not..with his agent in his ear reminding him how short his career is.

Were not in the days of pit boys desperate to play for their home club anymore and its not when saturday comes.

Ff has absolutely no attachment to sheffield whatsoever and i wouldnt blame him if he went to italy or portugal and became a legend at a club there.

Hes here now..lets try and make it work and stop flouncing around him

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Whats done is done. He made a mistake. He realised it. He apologised. DC,CC accepted it. The majority of the fans accepted it . Did you see his commitment at Forest. Has anybody else shown that much commitment. (Nothing critical in that statement) That was genuine. He is a match winner on his day. He cannot be the best player EVERY week. He wants to play for us and wants the team to do well. 

He has been our top scorer for the past 2 seasons. What else has the guy to do. He is a Sheffield Wednesday player. If you are a TRUE Sheffield Wednesday supporter you should give him 100% backing. Would you tell him to his face what you think of him? Are you Mr Perfect who has never made a mistake.If you have did you regret it afterwards. Were you thankful that people forgave your mistake? 

Fernando is one of the most skillful players we have had at the club. He chose Sheffield Wednesday. We should be thankful.

I will support him until he no longer wears a Blue and Little White stripes.

I hope I am wrong about ff.I was saying to build a team around ff maybe is not a good idea , and yes i have made many mistakes in my life.

Your statement that "Fernando is one of the most skillful players we have had at the club" I dont agree well not in my 45 years of watching wednesday.

I wouldn't build a team around him but more than happy if he plays 46 games next season on the left wing .....i'd back him to score 12-15 goals with a  few assists for good measure .if Wallace can weigh in with half a dozen and the same amount of assists thats a lot of goals from out wide ......probably wont happen though as carlos seems convinced he serves the team better up front .

49 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Whats done is done. He made a mistake. He realised it. He apologised. DC,CC accepted it. The majority of the fans accepted it . Did you see his commitment at Forest. Has anybody else shown that much commitment. (Nothing critical in that statement) That was genuine. He is a match winner on his day. He cannot be the best player EVERY week. He wants to play for us and wants the team to do well. 

He has been our top scorer for the past 2 seasons. What else has the guy to do. He is a Sheffield Wednesday player. If you are a TRUE Sheffield Wednesday supporter you should give him 100% backing. Would you tell him to his face what you think of him? Are you Mr Perfect who has never made a mistake.If you have did you regret it afterwards. Were you thankful that people forgave your mistake? 

Fernando is one of the most skillful players we have had at the club. He chose Sheffield Wednesday. We should be thankful.

I will support him until he no longer wears a Blue and Little White stripes.

You've ditched him then.

lol

I wouldn't even have him in the team. When he got dropped in those closing games of the season we improved and went on a great run. I'll accept that he did come on and score the winner against Cardiff but we were better without him.

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Since when did this 25k per week thing graduate from commonly-held bullshite Owlstalkery to actual reason as to what happened that day?  Hint:  It didn't. 

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

I wouldn't build a team around him but more than happy if he plays 46 games next season on the left wing .....i'd back him to score 12-15 goals with a  few assists for good measure .if Wallace can weigh in with half a dozen and the same amount of assists thats a lot of goals from out wide ......probably wont happen though as carlos seems convinced he serves the team better up front .

6 hours ago, poite said:

I wouldn't even have him in the team. When he got dropped in those closing games of the season we improved and went on a great run. I'll accept that he did come on and score the winner against Cardiff but we were better without him.

Cant agree Poite.

I would establish FF as our LW for the entire season as Torry says. There aren't many more effective players in this division than FF out left, running, twisting, shooting and crossing. 

For two seasons now he has been rediculously outstanding wide. He has something like 13 goals from 22 wide. Knockaert was 15 from 45 last season from wide...

Where I do agree with you is that we are a better team without FF if Carlos plays him striker. I just don't see what an experienced manager is thinking playing him up front. One good game then four anonymous games.

Edited by Holmowl

We don't have a very good track record in respect of handling difficult players do we? SWFC ostrosized Paolo di Canio for giving Paul Alcock a fairy tap, and then sold him to West Ham for peanuts. Conversally Eric Cantona aims a Kung Fu kick at a Palace fan and Man Utd wrap him in cotton wool and then re introduce him in an almost god like manner.

However, Forestieri ain't a  di Canio or a Cantona, perhaps he should be reminded of this.

Don't compare Di Canio to Forestieri. I think most people are suggesting getting rid of FF because he's been poor most if not all last season, and he doesn't fit in the formation we need to play to get the best of the four strikers we've got.