The fans...

...have to take some of the blame for me.

It was a nervous crowd tonight, and that transferred to the pitch, especially towards the end and during the penalties.

All day I saw posts and comments from fans saying how nervous they were and how they were feeling sick, etc. I think that went on too much and made everyone too nervous instead of excited.

There wasn't the continuous legendary 'wall of noise' we had against Brighton last season and it showed in the performance on the pitch. Last season it was the crowd that carried the team through that game and were the extra man. We were all awesome for a while after our goal and for that time Huddersfield were at sixes and sevens struggling with the atmosphere against them, but it died down too quickly.

And we just weren't intimidating enough during their penalties and didn't take advantage of kicking at the Kop end.

Carlos and the team have all said time and time again the fans are the 12th man and make the difference - we need to live up to that like we absolutely can if we're in this position again next season (heck, throughout the whole season as we go for automatic!!).

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

It's been like it all season to be fair.

CC has been frustrated during league games and the away support has been less than previous seasons.

I put it down to the change in the style of football.

I can't blame Carlos for trying to find a a way of being 15 points better off than last season.

In my view  the single biggest factor has been the slow starts that have cost us.

There are other issues but in this league, you have to be on it from day one.

What did we have, about 3 shots on target during normal time across both legs? 

The team with Carlos' set up don't give the fans a reason to get excited. 

The Brighton away leg last year was a rocking atmosphere in the first 20 because their team was attacking relentlessly. 

We on the other hand have strikers who can go a full half without touching the ball.  No wonder the fans struggle to get excited.

11 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

In a weird away I agree. Being away from home second leg would have suited us more. More voiceificorous support and with an advantage from the home leg (hopefully) rather then that we saw

More vociferous support?

Like you had on Sunday?

Dont make me laugh.

29 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

It was a nervous crowd tonight, and that transferred to the pitch, especially towards the end and during the penalties.

All day I saw posts and comments from fans saying how nervous they were and how they were feeling sick, etc. I think that went on too much and made everyone too nervous instead of excited.

There wasn't the continuous legendary 'wall of noise' we had against Brighton last season and it showed in the performance on the pitch. Last season it was the crowd that carried the team through that game and were the extra man. We were all awesome for a while after our goal and for that time Huddersfield were at sixes and sevens struggling with the atmosphere against them, but it died down too quickly.

And we just weren't intimidating enough during their penalties and didn't take advantage of kicking at the Kop end.

Carlos and the team have all said time and time again the fans are the 12th man and make the difference - we need to live up to that like we absolutely can if we're in this position again next season (heck, throughout the whole season as we go for automatic!!).

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

What a load of gonads 

DJO must be kettled up to come out with sh ite like that. Were the fans to blame for the away leg as well? We were lead into a false sense of security thinking it was all part of some master plan, well it wasn't. Fact is/was the best team (by a country mile) won. So, please, don't be so foo kin condescending as to blame the fans.

Oh, and if you want to know what was to blame for losing? Well, it's been evident all year, we've needed that big bustling midfielder who'll run through a brick wall. Said it after the final last year and i'll say it again. The quality we have up front need supply and we've lacked that all season. It's a bit like having bullets but you aint got a gun.

Guest domSWFC

Singing "Ooohhh Sammy Sammy" after he missed a penalty, and the same for treatment for Forestieri. 

WE have awful fans. Fans only cheer when teams are winning.

Thankfully, we have supporters. And they support, through thick and thin. 

Yeah it's our fault that we kept pointlessly passing it back from an attacking position and subbed off our goalscorer. (Who scored an excellent header out of nothing) It's also our fault for the penalty takers (Who didn't make sense) because our players apparently can't get motivated for a play off semi-final unless we sing "we're on our way back" loud enough.

41 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

I agree mate if you think back to Brighton last year there was no comparison. When they (Huddersfield) were taking the penalties the crowd should have been going mental traying to put them off

43 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

If it was £46 on the gate we'd have won

25 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Yeah blame the fans 

story of the season - blame the fans. They were brilliant tonight, when many fans would have silent watching their team get the run around.