Daily Mail

8 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

the Daily Mail's sports section is a pack of total lies,

Not trying to defend or owt...

Sports Journalist Association

Paul Hayward is the 2016 SJA’s Sports Writer of the Year and the Daily Mail the Sports Newspaper of the Year.

28 minutes ago, Holmes said:

How do you know that DC is annoyed with him?  Not seen that anywhere.  Be interested to read that have you any links to that story or could you expand on it?

Cheers 

Definitely read it somewhere, dispute between 1 year and 3.

The fans love Carlos and unless he's unhappy he's said he wants to stay (biggs interview), so why all this about Pardew 

52 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Think the mood would turn pretty quickly. He's an awful manager and doesn't even have the "nice bloke" factor - even Palace fans were desperate for him to go and he was a legend there.

Like him or not his managerial record says otherwise.

Not greatest manager there's ever been but nowhere near awful.

Anyway its all tosh lets just concentrate on tomorrow. UTO

Getting sick of all this Londonista propaganda, TalkScum were on about it this morning Mickey Gray should know better than to buy into it.

Carlos & the players should go into Siege Mentality mode and ban Sky and all the other press outlets, The Stir too for that matter. Just talk to the fans via the club website and twitter.

Just watch what happens tonight when Reading beat their darlings Fulham. It will switch to being all about Reading.

Burn them all down.

Were there any truth in this, it would be a backward step in my opinion. I don't mind Pardew, but I don't want him here, he's not a good fit. He was a decent fit for Palace, his dream job, and he fooked it up Pretty confident that if this turns out to have some legs, there will be a similar response to when Milan tried to appoint old Colin W

Just spoken with a West Ham fan at work.  He described Pardew as a decent and honest bloke and would be happy to have him back.  I'll go with his opinion, as I know next to nowt about him.

Hoping and praying that Carlos isn't going anywhere.

Whoever takes him will do so with full knowledge of his limited shelf life. A great start followed by the most miserable cluelessly turgid hoofball you ever saw. He destroys the defensive foundation he inherits at every club and requires a miracle to put right the carnage he leaves behind. He's signed some good players though in his time to his credit.

8 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Whoever takes him will do so with full knowledge of his limited shelf life. A great start followed by the most miserable cluelessly turgid hoofball you ever saw. He destroys the defensive foundation he inherits at every club and requires a miracle to put right the carnage he leaves behind. He's signed some good players though in his time to his credit.

Just as we did with Carlos. His lack of longevity was a big topic on here in summer 2015. 

Whether or not Carlos has decided to stay or leave,

whether or not he's informed Chansiri,

Chansiri will have identified possible replacements. He may even have talked to some of them. 

When he took over, continuity and succession planning was a key foundation to his vision for Wednesday. Carlos's replacement, whenever it happens, will have a similar playing philosophy. I don't think Pardew fits the remit.

5 hours ago, heppers said:

Why would Carlos leave?

The most successful manager in 20 years.

As fans we have trusted him, never doubted him and offered nothing but support.

Wants a move back home is what I've heard from someone usually reliable. Still undecided as to whether he'll stay even if we go up. 

The releasing of these articles is no coincidence is it. 

Like the Telegraph article a few weeks back. Clearly done to cause maximum unrest and put fans in a negative mindset before a massive game. 

Carlos and DC seemed happy enough to chat with each other on the lap of honour after the Fulham match. Likewise were together before Huddersfield match for some time. By all accounts they have a very good working relationship.

I doubt whether DC is unhappy with CC but maybe CC has had other offers that he would like to take up if we don't get promoted. By only signing a one year deal last summer, he's clearly been considering such possibilities. DC has every right to cover such an eventuality, but I do find the timing of this story unwise and unhelpful given that we are on the cusp of a return to Wembley and maybe the Premier League.