Andre Marriner

Took a big risk listening to his assistant in the first leg vs Brighton last year. Ruling out Forestieri's goal - there was absolutely zero chance his assistant could see that Hooper touched the ball on to Forestieri, it simply wasn't possible to see from the assistant's position. As a result, Mariner guessed. I'd rather officials who make decisions based on what they actually see.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Took a big risk listening to his assistant in the first leg vs Brighton last year. Ruling out Forestieri's goal - there was absolutely zero chance his assistant could see that Hooper touched the ball on to Forestieri, it simply wasn't possible to see from the assistant's position. As a result, Mariner guessed. I'd rather officials who make decisions based on what they actually see.

But he didn't guess. Marriner knew he hadn't touched It. 

3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

1 minute ago, flo said:

But he didn't guess. Marriner knew he hadn't touched It. 

Watched the replay on the big screen didn't they?