Advantage Wednesday

Advantage Wednesday for me, poor game to watch as a fan and that showed in our atmosphere also (I was there), other than izzy brown and mooy who I think are real threats they lack in every other department, there away form is poor and struggle to score goals. I'm certainly not writing them off and I don't think we should get carried away.

the fans and atmosphere on Wednesday will play a big part just like it did for them today the difference being we will take our chances with the quality we have.

Whilst not much stuck or came off moving forward, I was shocked to see how little Hudds offered in attack. 5-10 sideways passes before hoof! 

Plenty of attacking situations ended up passed all the way back. 

A lot of town fans keep saying "pressures all on Wednesday"

Not sure how they worked that one out tbh, as if were more fearful of playing in front of our own crowd. I think they'll get a shock.

Edited by Bluesteel

I think Carlos had his tactics spot on. They didn't create anything, and the couple of half chances were down to indivdual errors rather than their play. I just hope we don't sit back on Wednesday. I don't want to get to 0-0 after 2 hours of football, only to miss out on penalties. For them, to get to penalties would be a good result, for us, with the fire power we have,  it would be an opportunity missed.

All the noise from Huddersfield post-match is that they are happy with the 0-0 draw and the pressure is somehow now on us, which tells you everything you need to know about their ambitions.

I sense that they are just happy to be taking part and I’m certainly a lot more confident after witnessing their best efforts at having a go at us yesterday.  

I just hope Carlos sets us up with more attacking intent on Wednesday night and we go at them from the off.

I'd be more confident if we regularly got the best out of our strikers by supplying them wi chances, especially breaking teams down that come to park bus. Am filling mi trunks wi prospect of them scoring 1st WTF:

It is advantage Wednesday but we can't get carried away here.

I keep on thinking about a cup tie at Stamford Bridge (1993/94 season I think!!) when we drew 1-1 at Chelsea and everyone seemed to think it was job done.

Glen Hoddle then bought his Chelsea team to Hillsborough and they won 3-1 after extra time (I think Gavin Peacock bagged a couple). I remember at the time I just did not see that coming.

Huddersfield are more than capable of coming to Hillsborough and winning, BUT if our players perform as they can every fan in that ground gets right behind the team from the off and doesn't get on their backs, then there's no reason why we can't be celebrating come Wednesday night at 10pm.

16 hours ago, Bruce Edwards said:

What ever happens the fans mustn't go quiet or get on the players backs. We must push the team all the way to Wembley.

Guarantee this will happen if we are still goalless after about 60 mins or so.

Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, the pressure is on us Wednesday evening.

Huddersfield have nothing to lose.