What a brilliant first leg. 

Didn't look troubled

Forestieri managed 70 minutes

They had loads of possession and did nothing 

Didn't look troubled 

Their home advantage is gone 

Didn't look troubled 

Bring on Wednesday night 

Exactly Grandad, many plusses today.  FF getting the much needed minute on the pitch being one of them. Setting up all week with Hutchinson playing and then having to adapt without him and looking pretty solid being another. The fact that Westwood had barely anything to do in what should or could have been a kitchen sink job speaks volumes. Onwards and upwards. 

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

What a brilliant first leg. 

Didn't look troubled

Forestieri managed 70 minutes

They had loads of possession and did nothing 

Didn't look troubled 

Their home advantage is gone 

Didn't look troubled 

Bring on Wednesday night 

Don't forget we didn't look troubled.

lol

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Confident going to Hillsborough all square. 

However, I think we should have had the balls to go for it in this leg as well.

Difference in philosophy and attitude I guess. 

This. Disappointed with that side of things however trying to be positive and pleased with a clean sheet and solid performance. I think they'll be over roared at Hillsborough, their players will have never experienced something like Hillsborough with it packed (sort of, cheers SAG) and in full voice. 

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

If we were in their shoes now i'd be thinking we'd just had a job done on us, well done Carlos.

And they have. Still half the job to do, but I was never worried today. 

4 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Wagner looked a bit rattled in his interview. He knows they've missed their big chance today

Hogg was virtually conceding on the spot in the post-match on-pitch interview.

Only one thing worries me 

The fact that away from home - in a big game - we looked edgy, nervous and could barely put two passes together.

Im sure we'll be much better at Hillsborough but, aside from a missing bit of quality from the other team, that could have been the game against Hull last year.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Only one thing worries me 

The fact that away from home - in a big game - we looked edgy, nervous and could barely put two passes together.

Im sure we'll be much better at Hillsborough but, aside from a missing bit of quality from the other team, that could have been the game against Hull last year.

I don't think we did. Nobody's going to suggest that we were creative or progressive today, and Wagner won the tactical battle in midfield, but even so I thought we mostly looked calm and were playing within ourselves.

Just now, WC1Owl said:

I don't think we did. Nobody's going to suggest that we were creative or progressive today, and Wagner won the tactical battle in midfield, but even so I thought we mostly looked calm and were playing within ourselves.

Never seen Lee, Westwood, Fletcher, Reach, Wallace give the ball away with such regularity