What does it mean psychologically?

Hudderfield threw everything at us, and we let them, we invited it. We said "your at home, show us what you've got".

Wager's plan to his players was to attack, press, and score 1 or 2.

But they didn't score, they couldn't. The players can see their managers plan didn't work, their confidence lessens.

Carlos said "we will sita backa, leta them try to score. Maybe we cana geta one ona the break".

Then he said " wea willa win ata homa, ina front of tha massive!"

Carlos's plan did work, the players grow in confidence.

So what it means is 2-0 to us on Wednesday.

Who knows with football but for me. That's exactly what we wanted. We've soaked everything they've got, they've created nothing and we haven't broken a sweat. Let's see how they cope Wednesday now because you can be sure we aren't going to let them dominate at Hillsborough. 

It means nowt...in reality nor psychologically.....All we need to do is beat Huddersfield on Wednesday.

I doubt Huddersfield will be throwin' the towel in when everything is to play for.

Cos all they need to do is beat us on Wednesday....

Bloody murder listening to it today...Luckily I thought the kick off was half 12, so only suffered for an hour lol

As the game went on their tempo dropped they started missing players with passes. They looked very down at the end and some were breathing hard. Think that took a lot out of them physically.

48 minutes ago, Spacehooch said:

Hudderfield threw everything at us, and we let them, we invited it. We said "your at home, show us what you've got".

But they didn't score, they couldn't. The players can see their managers plan didn't work, their confidence lessens.

Carlos said "we will sita backa, leta them try to score. Maybe we cana geta one ona the break".

Is Carlos Italian?. 

55 minutes ago, Spacehooch said:

berto.jpg.a4ec4751b04d7a0d664ccc98fa53222a.jpg

48 minutes ago, Spacehooch said:

Does Hudderfield know how to defend for long periods?

Do they need to know?........we don't actually do long period attacking.

Wednesday night will be another cagey game with us trying to sneak a 1-0 win, hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Without wanting to sound overly arrogant, from a defensive perspective, that was a walk in the park compared to what Brighton threw at us 12 month ago in the away leg.

Hopefully it will give us the confidence to take it to them a bit on Wednesday.

13 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Hopefully it will give us the confidence to take it to them a bit on Wednesday.

I flippin hope we're going to take it to them a bit more. Sitting back in our own half and lumping it up to Fletcher at home would be a bit embarassing.

The end result today justifies the tactics, but now we have to go and win it from the off. Let's not sit back until we're against the clock, or, god forbid, go behind. 

52 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Do they need to know?........we don't actually do long period attacking.

Wednesday night will be another cagey game with us trying to sneak a 1-0 win, hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

We might not need to do long periods of attacking. go 1 up then counter attack. 

Carlos's best asset this season has been his game management. Wanted a draw away and got it. Now plug them gaps in your defensive huddersfield, Your gonna need to. There will be at least a 10- 15 minute period where we batter them and I will be amazed if they don't cave in.