No Hooper no party

Showed today I think. He just makes us tick and he holds the ball up better than any other striker we have.

Praying he's fit for the next two games.

It was a poor performance today, they were first to every second ball. Frustrating to watch but we set up like we have done for a lot of the games this season. It worked to an extent, if we had nicked a goal would have been perfect.

But 0-0 away from home puts us in a good position moving onto home turf. They gave it everything to get a goal today and we kept them out.

Well done lads, lets bring the noise on Wednesday night and see us over the line.

UTO

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Showed today I think. He just makes us tick and he holds the ball up better than any other striker we have.

It was a poor performance today, they were first to every second ball. Frustrating to watch but we set up like we have done for a lot of the games this season. It worked to an extent, if we had nicked a goal would have been perfect.

But 0-0 away from home puts us in a good position moving onto home turf. They gave it everything to get a goal today and we kept them out.

Well done lads, lets bring the noise on Wednesday night and see us over the line.

UTO

Agreed... happy with a draw but wish we'd had more of a go at them.

4 minutes ago, SwfcG said:

Agreed... happy with a draw but wish we'd had more of a go at them.

They attacked from the off, this was their chance to get an advantage into the second leg. Carlos played it tight, if they took the couple of chances they had the plan would have backfired but they didn't.

We were pretty much resolute throughout, my biggest criticism was the ball never stuck to the frontmen and again we bobbar ourselves when teams come at us with a high tempo and close us down.

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

UTO

Think we were second to the ball because we didn't press at all, just kept a very solid shape. I'm very happy with today, it was a solid disciplined performance and puts us in the driving seat for the home leg. 

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

The OP here shows a naivety that thankfully the team now longer seems to do.

Our priority was keeping our shape and our only real fault was keeping the ball long enough to break it without too much risk.

We never once bobbared ourselves under pressure and our very few mistakes/their lucky breaks weren't punished which is their problem and not ours.

I agree that with Hooper playing we may have been better going forward but FF played a big part today in the main job and by no means was that in any way shape or form a "poor performance".

Awful for the neutrals like but fuckem!

37 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

See if 'confused.com' can help you to make up your mind!

lol

13 minutes ago, Animal said:

There was no tactics behind today's game at all, we played for a 0-0. Playing hooper/fletcher/Rhodes the same would have happened 

How can you play for 0-0 and not be tactical ???

I think we did look nervous under pressure in first 30 mins, but settled more afterward. 

We didnt get a run of the ball either when we did break which only ramped it up. 

I expect Hudds to come and press at Hillsborough. But we seem to handle it better on our own patch

For the majority of games this season, without Hooper, we've looked a very disjointed attacking unit.

It's quite incredible how much of a difference one player can make, to the way we attack, considering the abundance of riches we have in attacking areas. 

Really hope he's fit for Wednesday, but I can't see it myself. 

Guest RocketOwl

Not only is he the best at linking play he's the player you would want our only chance to fall to.