Song For Carlos

To the tune of Dean Martin’s “That’s Amore” (When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie

-I’ve tried to get some Carlos-isms in there

When your meats on the fire

And you take the Owls higher

Then You’re Carlos

Play with potatoes and fish

Then go out on the sesh

Then You’re Carlos

When you’ve made the Owls great

And you still say “Oreyt”

Then You’re Carlos

When you’re from Portugal

The best coach of them all

Then You’re Carlos

When you’ve re-wrote the book

And you’re still cool as f*ck

Then You’re Carlos

:wacko: (I've got mi tin helmet on....)

I can visualise some drunken moron (ok, me) singing this karaoke style to a room full of other drunken people.

I can't visualise thousands, or even hundreds, getting it nailed down though as there's just too many words that are different from the preceding and following words. I like it though. 

8 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

I can visualise some drunken moron (ok, me) singing this karaoke style to a room full of other drunken people.

I can't visualise thousands, or even hundreds, getting it nailed down though as there's just too many words that are different from the preceding and following words. I like it though. 

I'm looking forward to the Karaoke version  being recorded by your good self and posted on here !!

Just now, Shirtwithoutaback said:

I'm looking forward to the Karaoke version  being recorded by your good self and posted on here !!

Ha. Please don't look forward to it....you would only be disappointed. My key life skill is disappointing people.

good effort Shirty. It made me chuckle to remember all the carlos-isms but I'm not sure if I can actually remember more than 4 lines in a footy song...

Who's name are we using instead of Joao's in Carlos had a dream.?...I just mumble that bit as the people who sit me don't know either...

Edited by Lombado

2 hours ago, Shirtwithoutaback said:

Fair point mate , just got a bit carried away with it ( far too pleased with myself getting a rhyme for "Oreyt" to be honest )

:rolleyes:

Sadly the only way you'll get this sung is by making a video of you singing it & putting it on YouTube & twatter

Guest We Shall Overcome

'We'll meet again don't where don't when, but carlos we'll meet again some sunny day.