Sky money

If and when the owls get promoted do sky give them a lump sum up front? Or is it spread over 5-10 years? The play off final is worth £100m +to the winners is that the money all premiership clubs get each? Too many questions I know, but somebody on here will know

Worst case scenario for a promoted team...

£97 million for finishing bottom of the Prem, 3 years of parachute payments worth 87 million. Season 1 back in champ £40 million season 2 £33 million, season 3 £14 million

Plus increase in gate reciepts, pies etc etc 

you are are looking at close to £200million if not more revenue generated.

If you manage to stay up and stabilise it's worth gazillions 

All teams get £150m a season was my understanding......minimum.

I believe this current season had a big increase in revenue for the premiership.  So this basically means we need to get in it now!! or the gap will only get bigger. 

Edited by iliveinthenow

12 minutes ago, iliveinthenow said:

All teams get £150m a season was my understanding......minimum.

I believe this current season had a big increase in revenue for the premiership.  So this basically means we need to get in it now!! or the gap will only get bigger. 

MIND THE MASSIVE GAP THEN! 

what I don't get is say it's worth that crazy amount mentioned here, why don't rich people invest more in the lower leagues. If one bought Barnsley for example, and spent 60m on them, that would guarantee a place in the premiership pretty much but they would get more than double that back, which would be a good investment obviously, so why isn't it done that often? 

Guest Lostondisplay
2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

what I don't get is say it's worth that crazy amount mentioned here, why don't rich people invest more in the lower leagues. If one bought Barnsley for example, and spent 60m on them, that would guarantee a place in the premiership pretty much but they would get more than double that back, which would be a good investment obviously, so why isn't it done that often? 

No guarantees in football, and with FFP might be deemed too much of a risk.

58 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

I believe that's what your guaranteed if you finish bottom of the premier league next season ,more than likely wrong

Prize money for coming bottom was about £180million this year with the new TV deal. So wouldn't surprise me if you're right.