First Game of the Season

It's now that time of the season again when the Play Off Semi and potentially a Final.

So come on lets be honest - who is about to attend their first game of the season ???

Already had girl at work asking what her chances of getting a ticket to Wembley are.  Her last game - yes, last seasons final !!

10 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

It's now that time of the season again when the Play Off Semi and potentially a Final.

So come on lets be honest - who is about to attend their first game of the season ???

Already had girl at work asking what her chances of getting a ticket to Wembley are.  Her last game - yes, last seasons final !!

Still, makes her a Wednesday fan in my book.

Guest Ash76
9 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Still, makes her a Wednesday fan in my book.

Agreed but not really a supporter 

:stuwinky:

we have pride that we took 40k to Wembley but to do that we have to have quite a few that probably make it  there only game of the year ......got to be better taking some along for the ride than just the regular 30k who go on fairly regular basis .

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we have pride that we took 40k to Wembley but to do that we have to have quite a few that probably make it  there only game of the year ......got to be better taking some along for the ride than just the regular 30k who go on fairly regular basis .

No. It should be limited to the 11000 season ticket holders that attended the 2-2 draw with 9 man Yeovil. 

In fact, the rest shouldn't even be allowed to watch on Sky.

I've already had a word with myself and decided to hosptalize myself for the Bank Holiday weekend (just in case I get any ideas) as I only have 90 priority points.

41 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

No. It should be limited to the 11000 season ticket holders that attended the 2-2 draw with 9 man Yeovil. 

I've already had a word with myself and decided to hosptalize myself for the Bank Holiday weekend (just in case I get any ideas) as I only have 90 priority points.

I agree totally. 

Mainly as I was one of those 11000 that season, but haven't been this season due to work.

Great idea.

Guest Ash76
2 hours ago, Holmes said:

So what's better a fan (fanatic) or a supporter?

Ok then she's a follower 

This season I've only been to Brentford away and Fulham at home last Sunday and only have 40 priority points

Ive got hotel booked for Wembley and will get a ticket for the final one way or another.

Truefans need the 'old school' part timers to show them how to create a proper Wednesday atmosphere lol 

My third game.  Hoping is better than the last two. Ipswich and wolves! 

Only managed one game last year and that was Wembley! 

Mind I am 40 and only managed about  6 games in my life lol.

Haven't seen us win for about 4 years '

19 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Only 90 points? 

You disgust me lol

True fan bull**** just gets on my nerves tbh. 

Yay I can go!!

My first game last season was Wembley too.   Due to work commitments and money I found it hard buying my two boys the full kit. but out of pride and them bugging me for it it was worth every penny taking them to the club shop buying th m and having their names printed.  Spending money every week was not even possible on tickets unless £1 a kid come up or a cheap game but I was their week in week out listening on the radio.  

This season with upturn in fortunes and circumstances me and my boys are season ticket holders but I wouldn't say I'm more or less a fan / supporter or follower then last year going to games or not.  

Imagen the playoffs with 11k Wednesday fans.  Hull end would have looked full.  

Go to 1 match or 100 if its special when your their your Wednesday through and through.  WAWAW

I only saw the second half of that match as i was looking after my children and couldn't make the first half. Where does that leave me?

(Home Away day iirc and i almost wanted us to lose to the 9 men to get rid of Irvine!)

Aways remember about 15 years ago I was told (by a Blunt) that I was a "fan" not a "supporter" Of The Owls due to the fact that I couldn't afford to go to matches (low wage etc) and therefore by not paying to go I didn't support them. Took great delight about 3 years later when I told him I now support the team by waving my season ticket in his face (better job, better pay) and have been supporting them ever since. Always thought he was a bit of a gobshite.