Guest Wonder Spaniel
6 hours ago, meadowview owl said:

Similar thing with helan last season? he was at wolves till end of season then suddenly appeared in play offs!

Was Helan there until the end of the season. I might be imagining this, but didn't we recall him before the close of the season?

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don't think we are allowed to recall Joao this season. He might be a better option from the bench than Winnall and Nuhiu, but I don't think it can happen

He really wouldn't winnall is better in front of goal and if we were 1 nil at 85 mins nuihu is a fantastic option to help see things out 

42 minutes ago, lesbarbeux said:

Happened with Helan last year... no reason why LJ won't be available.

Weren't the rules different last season? Wasn't Helan on a month to month deal with Wolves, whereas this season, they had to be long term loans?

Edited by gurujuan

Im hoping hes an option.  Everyone fapping over Hooper being out and Joao is now available I assume.

We have a two leg semi to play in a short space, hes got pace, little else i admit, but depending on how the games go im sure he could be considered.

Who knows the state of some of our players physically at this point.

Pretty sure Lucas is back now. His contract with Blackburn would end on the final day of their season I assume.

But no I would want Winnall and Nuhiu on the bench ahead of him. Winnall in case Fletch or Rhodes have to come off, and Nuhiu for his fifteen minutes of mayhem if required.

However, watching the few Blackburn highlights he does seem to have been effective as a late sub.

Do you really think he's good enough for a place? he wouldn't even make the bench.

im not sure what the fascination is with Lucas, he had several chances to cement his place this season but didn't do it, Carlos even went on record to say its in his hands but he failed to take it. a player who had all the credentials and promise but who sadly disappointed and didn't cut the mustard..

If it were down to me, I wouldn't write Joao off just yet. Agreed, he's never delivered consistently, only in flashes, but there's something about what he can do on a good day, that makes him worth persisting with, in my opinion anyway. Outside of Forestieri, he is the only one of our forwards who could make it in the top flight. That lack of consistency may thwart those ambitions, but in terms of ability, he has more chance than Fletcher, Hooper,  Rhodes, Winnall or Nuhiu It needs to happen soon though, or he will be just another one of those players who seemed to have it all, but never really lived up to that promise

7 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Winnall can barely make the bench, Joao's got no chance.

Harsh reality of it I am afraid.

I think he's a better option from the bench if we are winning than our other strikers as he has pace which non of the others have 

2 up, 25 minutes to go with him coming on gives us the option for the ball over the top/down the channels, keeping the defence occupied 

1 hour ago, torres said:

I think he's a better option from the bench if we are winning than our other strikers as he has pace which non of the others have 

2 up, 25 minutes to go with him coming on gives us the option for the ball over the top/down the channels, keeping the defence occupied 

Can't argue with that. Although would be unfair on whoever is left off the bench for him though and he would be my last option on if we needed a goal.