Question re: S6 PA system

I sit about halfway up the Kop, and this season I've noticed on a few occasions that the half-time Yorkshire Tea gubbins they run on the big screen has been broadcast at absolutely ear-shattering volume. Not always - just sometimes. Yesterday for the first time it was so bad I actually had to put my fingers in my ears, and two little kids on the row behind me started crying and saying it was hurting. Today my ears are ringing.

My question is, was/is it the same for people in other areas of the ground, or is it a weird architectural quirk of exactly where my seat happens to be and the acoustics in the ground? Was it noticeably worse than usual yesterday for anyone else?

If it's just me, I'll shut up and move seats. But kids crying and people grimacing/covering ears all around me seems fairly mental; I'm pretty sure I don't sit in a particularly soft section and I wonder if the club have run any decibel tests on that stuff in different sections of the ground, because yesterday was just ridiculous - apart from anything else we couldn't hear a word of it as it was distorting so badly (not, of course, that we felt we were missing out!).

Edited by Mr. Tom

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

I sit on the south and yes it was ridiculously loud yesterday. Couldn't hear the person next to me speak even though they were almost shouting by the end. 

Nonsense. 

Interesting, ta. If it seems various people all around the ground experienced similar I might drop them a polite line 'cos I'm sure it's not intended but those kids were upset and my ears are definitely affected today. It's a bit concerning.

This is REGULAR in the South. I sit on seat Z196, and, despite my complaints to the club, nothing has been done. It is not just the Yorkshire tea adverts. As soon as the players come out at the start of the game, I take my hearing aid out and put an ear plug in The 'Hi Ho silver' which I love to join in has become such that, as soon as the players enter the field, I sit down and go into my silent routine.

In fact, this very morning I've had to go for a check up on my H aid and the young lady has, in a split second, adjusted it and given me three settings - 1. normal 2. In noisy company and a third which she calls my Football match setting which is virtually silent.

I expect to hear noise at a football match, but were anyone asked to work in those levels they would be able to make claims under H&S.   

WE DONT DO THINGS LIKE THAT AROUND HERE, IMAGINE IF WE ALL DID THAT? ASK NOT WHAT YOUR TROUSERS CAN DO...BLAH BLAH BLAH 

BREWTOPIA ... YORKSHIRE ... or somthing I couldn't hear it 

IMG_7260.GIF

Edited by Spencerowl

13 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Thanks all, I'll gather what anecdotal evidence I can through here and drop the club a note later today. I'm sure they'd want to know.

thanks, had a mate come with me also to a few games and he has to go to the sides at half time due to the excessive loudness (and treble) on the front left kop speaker.