Poll: Man of the Match vs Fulham...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Fulham  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Fulham?

• Wildsmith
    • Palmer
    • Sasso
    • Semedo
    • Fox
    • Lee
    • Jones
    • Hutchinson
    • Rhodes
    • Winnall
    • Matias
    • Buckley
    • Emanuelson
    • Nuhiu

Very similar to the Wolves games last year - we were second best and it was pretty much a waste of time. We are fortunate that Hudders lost really as it gives us the home advantage for the second leg. I know there is a bigger picture at play, but we got hammered today and it was painful to watch. As soon as you saw the line-up you knew we would struggle. I thought that Fulham were very good and Cairney was the best player on the pitch by far. I'm glad we are playing Hudders rather than them in the semi finals.

Anyhow, on to the next two games now which is what really matters.

Wildsmith 6 - One great save but other than that I thought he looked shaky to be honest.

Palmer 6 - Did well enough and looked composed on the ball.

Semedo 7 MOM - I thought he did well and was very composed with his distribution.

Sasso 6 - did ok but not the best distribution form him.

Fox 2 - appalling. Worst player on the pitch.

Lee 7 - was our only positive player in midfield and showed some class at times.

Hutch 4 - poor. I really do think he is better at CB.

Jones 4 - poor. Too slow.

Matias 0 - idiotic. I hope he gets docked a months' wages for that.

Winall 7 - played well first half and took his goal well. Marco messed up his afternoon by forcing him right mid for the entire second half.

Rhodes 6 - battled well. Again, Marco messed up his afternoon too.

SUBS

Buckley 7 - positive.

Urby 7 - very positive too. Not a bad little cameo but I still don't understand the story of his season. How can he not get in ahead of Fox? He must not be a left back...

Atdhe 6 - tried his best.

Wildsmith - 6 - A terrific save in the second period.  Do feel that Westwood might have dealt with both goals, although that will only ever be supposition. 

Palmer  - 6 - Did ok.  Looked ok on the ball.  Too many times goes to sleep on defending the one/two for my liking. 
Semedo - 6.5 - Thought he looked quite comfortable to be honest despite some panic when the teams were announced.
Sasso - 6 -  I do like the way he comes forward with the ball. 
Fox - 5.5 -  The overlaps caused problems. Though I don't see them getting the same joy out of the rejuvenated Pudil and the effervescent Reach.  

Lee -7 -  Showed in the first half to be the best player on the park. A huge boost for us at this time of the season going into the mini cup finals. Well done to Carlos too for giving enough minutes to help towards building his match legs back up but not leaving him on needlessly in the second half when we were shadow chasing. 

Hutch - 5.5 - Was actually impressed that Hutch managed to control himself. It was always my worry that even in a nothing game like this he might go all in.  For he is the sort of player for whom there is no such thing as a 'friendly'  . And again, credit Carlos using the hook when we were being pulled about, because it's those sorts of times when a silly tackle can come out of the bag. And over reaching stretch for a 30/70 ball. 

Jones - 5.5 -  Did what he has done since he joined. Been a decent 'ticker' in midfield. Hard obviously when we went down to ten.  But may well have a part to play.

Matias - 5 -  Thought he looked ok until his silly tackle in all honesty. Was working himself into the game.  There will be non more disappointed than he with what he has done. A year of frustration in the physios room and now suspended after much hard work in regaining fitness.  I've seen many worse fouls than this. I certainly won't be calling for him to be lynched as some are. 

Winall - 6 - Winnall showed me today what I suspected before we signed him , he's a decent all-rounder but excel in any one area. A trying runner. I don't think he'll oust any of the others. 
Rhodes - 6 - A chance to game some time under his belt. hampered when we went down to ten men. Not too disappointed as we have all known all along what sort of player he is and when we were down in numbers he was always going to be the player this affected the most in terms of what he would offer us. 

SUBS

Buckley - 7 - Almost forgot about him, but did well considering the situation of a dead game and being down to ten men. Tried to be positive when we sporadically had the ball.
Urby - 7 -  The Return of the Invisible man! Put a couple of decent balls in. Though that should be no surprise , after all he has the pedigree , it has always been a question of his long term fitness.
Atdhe 6 - Atdhe!

Wildsmith 6 - Looked shakey a couple of times but some good saves.

Palmer 6 - Did ok, still tends to fall asleep.

Sasso 6 - OK, nothing special.

Semedo 8 - MOTM for me, some great blocks & lead by example.

Fox 2 - Absolutely fekking awful.

Mattias 2 - Started brightly, ridiculous challenge for the red card.

Hutchison 6 - Ok but not this usual energy & influence.

Jones 4 - Slow, can't tackle & takes an age to make his mind up.

Lee 7 - Excellent 1st half hour then seemed to tire.

Winnall 7 - Took his goal well & worked his socks off.

Rhodes 5 - Looks unfit & out of sorts to me.

Buckley 5 - Ok nothing special.

Emanuelsson 6 - Some decent touches & link up play.

Nuhiu 6 - Battled well & tried to drive his team mates forward, unfortunately they ignored him.

Wildsmith 5 flapped at everything. Seems to have gone backwards

palmer 6.5 decent enough . Got better as game went on .

sasso 6.5 as above 

semedo 6.5 considering he isn't good in his own position he wasn't bad here .

fox 2 dire , what was that 

Matias 5 not going to make a stupid comment about the challenge . Shouldn't have been sent off so no need for theatrical flapping about it 

jones 6.5 solid enoug 

hutchinson 6 good to see him back 

lee 7 best player we have , amazing he's fit again

rhodes 6.5 put a shift in 

winnall 6 scored a well taken goal but not great other than that 

who really cares though , it's all about Sunday ! 

I thought our 3 best players were Palmer , Semedo and Winnall.

The effort from these three was outstanding and they played very well

It shows the spirit in the squad given these 3 are probably playing for a place on the bench in the playoffs 

1 hour ago, roundhayowl said:

we got hammered today and it was painful to watch. As soon as you saw the line-up you knew we would struggle. 

I wouldn't say we got hammered. We would have beaten them with our strongest team. They've been scoring for fun but only beat us by 1 goal.