The Owls vs Fulham vs The Owls vs Fulham. Official Matchday Thread. ***Early Kick Off***

BJyDHtd.png          EKaadw0.png               

Hillsborough Stadium 

12:00 Saturday, 07 May 2017

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

Gor blimey Guvna!

It’s that bit of the season again where we probobarbly get to play Fulham several times in a row.

Fulham were once considered the most average Premiership team ever and for a time were owned by an utter lunatic. Someone once whispered in Mr Al-Fayed’s ear that the famous pop singer, Michael Jackson, had played as centre forward for the club in his youth. This of course was a lie - as any football fan with an ounce of self respect will tell you, Jackson was in fact a highly regarded goalkeeper.

2BO4245.jpg

A statue of Jacko was duly commissioned and placed in front of the stadium. The gaudy, 80 foot high monstrosity was hated by FFC fans and the local population alike. Al-Fayed had to hire a team of cleaners to remove all the traces of regular late night kebab attacks on it. After a month long series of rather unpleasant things being put in the letter box at his home, Al-Fayed decided he wanted out. The club was sold but Al-Fayed had placed a curse; if that statue was ever removed, Fulham would be relegated and bad luck would follow them for many years.

Not impressed in the least, the new owners had the statue dismantled anyway. The inevitable happened and Fulham began to slide down the league table. Every weekend, they were on the receiving end of a severe thrashing. In an attempt to right the ship, a new trainer was appointed, but not even the evil doctor Felix Magath and his Magical Medical Cheese could help the team. With only 21 points gained, Fulham were confirmed as down in early March that season. 

uWCUT5h.png

They seem to be doing a bit better these days and are almost in the playoffs. We will beat them anyway. This could mean that our next games are against Fulham and Fulham. Here is a picture of their fans in traditional Michael Jackson type outfits, so that you know what they look like and can point and laugh…

Lunzqgf.jpg

MATCHDAY THINGS

Official Matchday Pie: Gordon Bennet and Mushroom.

Official Matchday Drink: Weather’s picking up, so 16 bottles of Rosé wine.

Official Matchday Song: The Clash - Police & Thieves…

Sheffield Wednesday boss Carlos Carvalhal could make changes with his team guaranteed a place in the play-offs, where they could face Fulham. However, King Carlos has said he will not call on players from the club's under-23 team.

Boss Slavisa Jokanovic could also look to make changes with the Cottagers all but guaranteed a sixth-placed finish. Fulham would have to lose and Leeds would have to beat Wigan, while overturning a 13-goal swing, for the west London side to miss out.

NDL2Et4.png Head To Head Q0Pp8bi.png

▪    Sheffield Wednesday have lost one of their last 19 league games against Fulham at Hillsborough (W10 D8).

▪    Fulham's 3-0 win at Hillsborough in December 1973 is their only clean sheet in 32 league visits there.

▪    Jordan Rhodes has scored in each of his three Football League starts against Fulham, netting three goals.

▪    Fulham haven't won a league game in Sheffield since April 1985 (D3 L5), a win 1-0 over Sheffield United.

▪    The Owls have won 15 league games at Hillsborough this season, their best tally in a second tier season since 1983-84 (16), when they won promotion the top-flight.

▪    The Cottagers have scored 38 away league goals this season, their best tally since netting 41 in 2000-01, when they won the second tier.

jQLdnDs.png

KING CARLOS’ PEARLS OF WISDOM

“It’s a game that won’t decide anything in terms of achieving the play-offs but it is a game we must respect. We are focused on the play-offs because we must be like this. But we are taking this game very, very seriously. Understanding, I will put players to play that play often during the season but last games have not been involved. We have done the most important thing to achieving the play-offs and this part of the job is done. We will try to do our best to win the game and fight for the three points. We won’t look to the position to see who we will face in the play-offs. We will just look to win and after, if we want to be champions, we must just try to win all the games. If you win the games, you are in the final and if we win that, then we are the champions. We are not looking to others.

iSLqlcz.jpg

There are things very important to focus on. “We are with the confidence, we finished the season very, very strong, putting goals and winning games, we have recovered players and we have expectations to recover Sam Hutchinson for Sunday. All the players are involved in this moment and this makes us more strong for sure. Of this, I am certain. It’s another thing very important that we have more competition for positions with the players, we feel our team is very fresh and very healthy. We have achieved this moment of the season with a strong and healthy squad, winning games and with all the players fit and ready to play.”

MINTYNESS

We are here to fight…

cO1dvuV.gif

Edited by Neal M

Party time. 

Cheers Pauli and morning all. Hope you're keeping well. Such a glorious way to end the season knowing we are in the playoffs and at worst will finish one place higher than last season in a tougher league (though I guess that last bit could be argued).

Brilliant OMDT Pauli! 

So this is it game 46... after all the hype drummed up by local and national media alike about how this would be "THE DECIDER!" 

No one banked on dirty old Leeds deciding to skip the playoffs this year and crash and burn (HA!) this game means pretty much bugger all playoffs wise now!

And no matter what anybody says or no matter how many pundits, forums, phone ins etc back Fulham to go up based on them practically being Real Madrid of the championship

WE KNOW THE TRUTH!...

We're the form team

we're here on merit 

we're Sheffield Wednesday 

and this year we're ready!

WE FEAR NO PLAYER, NO MANAGER AND NO TEAM! 

So today let's back the lads get behind them from the off and show Fulham and in essence the footballing world what they are up against if they wanna win the play offs!

WE ARE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!

WE ARE ON OUR WAY BACK!

AND NO SHADY SWILLING LA DE DAR TYPES ARE GONNA GET IN OUR WAY! 

RELEASE THE LLAMA

AND GRAB ANOTHER BEER

LAST SEASON WE SLIPPED UP 

BUT THIS IS OUR YEAR!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

IMG_5529.JPG.c09df0cc429f49ef9f8e3d3a3db20000.JPGIMG_5482.JPG.538b583affe37252bd1b26018e7b0377.JPGIMG_5755.thumb.JPG.ce2b6a8dcce6b6de84189099fc178028.JPG

WAWAW!

UTO! 

I wasn't bothered about the result for today until I read their forum earlier. They seem desperate to have a rivalry with us & talk as though them winning the play offs is a certain. We of course merely cheated & dived our way into the play offs.

So hoping for a win... then I hope we get them in the semi's and beat them again to get a place in the final. It would be so sweet.

Superb Pauli! I have come to expect nothing less.

An excellent reminder of the evil Dr Felix Magath too, who I had forgotten all about and whose name I can never read without it being auto-corrected in my head to that of 80's thrash rockers Megadeath. 

Wednesday 2 - 0 Fulham

Nuhiu (pen) 

Winnall

We can relax and enjoy the game tomorrow.  We need to save ourselves to win in the plat-offs. I am sure some of the fringe players will cover themselves in glory in this last match.

The Owls have won 15 league games at Hillsborough this season, their best tally in a second tier season since 1983-84 (16), when they won promotion the top-flight.

Would be nice to pass the points tally from the 90-91 season as well, with a win today. 

When I first saw Fulham play, A big star of the time was Tommy Trinder, compare of Sunday Night at the London Palladium. Tommy was a big Fulham fan, may have even been on their Board. Fulham and the London Palladium both shared a fetish, it was their love of enormous chins. So it came as no surprise once Tommy Trinder retired from the lime light when the Palladium engaged Bruce Forsyth and Fulham bought Jimmy Hill. Both shared the tendency for enormous chins. I don't think Bruce was much into Football other than to say he probably slept with the same number of Miss World title holders as George Best, it was a 1-1 draw. Coincidentally that was the score Fulham always seemed to manage at Hillsborough in the late 50's/ early 60's. Most of the games were a real bore fest and that is what I expect this lunch time. All eyes will be on the South Stand but who will they be looking for ? 

Christ.jpg.6f7c6132013fc7a51426ad0011f63603.jpgtaylor-swift-gq-115-02.thumb.jpg.6cdc34dae3a386950f40099321dc653b.jpg

I wonder if they'll be sat together.

Still WAWAW even Christiano & Tay Tay Come on WEDNESDAY !      

10599370_1580794825481243_3103287665042951802_n.jpg