Carlos threatened to walk from interview

He never wanted more than a year. He believes managers should just have rolling contracts. He's explained it before & said he doesn't need compensation etc from security of longer contracts.

I'm guessing he signed a yearly rolling contract where the terms are agreed for the next 3 years if he stays for that long. 

IMG_6271.PNG.29157ab0245663d909a532f0db5a0254.PNG

It's just a case of him & DC both agreeing he stays on a yearly basis.

2 minutes ago, Stainless1983 said:

He never wanted more than a year. He believes managers should just have rolling contracts. He's explained it before & said he doesn't need compensation etc from security of longer contracts.

I'm guessing he signed a yearly rolling contract where the terms are agreed for the next 3 years if he stays for that long. 

Love that quote. 

Hes a good 'un is our Carlos. You wouldn't find many managers saying that. 

Edited by crookesowl

11 minutes ago, Stainless1983 said:

That makes sense thanks mate 

Why are the media trying to stir up s*%t right before one of the most important stages of the season?

You don't get this with other local clubs. Take Rotherham for instance, they look set to finish with the lowest ever points tally for this division, yet Radio Sheffield purposely brushed it under the carpet a few weeks ago and said that they weren't going to discuss it. Imagine if that had been us...... there would have been a right fuss made over that for weeks and weeks.

Guest mrbluesky

I`m guessing because he`s got the Motm and his contract is sort of a bit vague that the media are asking questions,it happens,I kind of feel he`s put a little bit more pressure on himself by threatening to walk, as with the link in this thread the local rag have jumped on it already and no doubt the people at Sky wil be asking at the first opportunity.

Edited by mrbluesky

Simply journalists looking to create the next big local story. All we need to do is sing away and cheer the man this weekend.

The more we can make him feel at home the better! 

Bring some meat for him to grill perhaps?

27 minutes ago, Stainless1983 said:

Its refreshing to see a player or manager say money isnt important to them 

It's the job of reporters to ask these types of questions. As someone else said above; some on here have complained in the past about their failure to ask probing questions. That said Carlos is perfectly within his rights to refuse to answer and, if he feels that the reporter is being over pushy; end the interview.

8 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I`m guessing because he`s got the Motm and his contract is sort of a bit vague that the media are asking questions,it happens,I kind of feel he`s put a little bit more pressure on himself by threatening to walk, as with the link in this thread the local rag have jumped on it already and no doubt the people at Sky wil be asking at the first opportunity.

When you're an honest and open person, it leaves you open to being caught off guard... I don't think it'll be happening again.

To be fair they are only asking a question Carlos has brought on himself, a year ago he said he signed a 3 year contract and now he's saying it's 1 year.

If we announced Hutchinson had signed for another 3 years, but then suddenly with one game to go it came out he was on a free surely people would ask questions?