Carlos signing new deal

4 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

It's certain to me, stability will get us up.

Fans love him, he loves us, players want to play for him, DC obviously respects him.

I didn't say it was my choice, but if we don't go up despite all else I believe a question will be asked of if it's right to give him another year or stick with the status quo and give it a final third attempt under Carlos.  

I personally would stick with him next term regardless of division, but I still see his position under threat somewhat if we don't go up.

Edited by salmonbones

1 minute ago, salmonbones said:

I didn't say it was my choice, but if we don't go up despite all else I believe a question will be asked of if it's right to give him another year or stick with the status quo and give it a final third attempt under Carlos.  

I personally would stick with him next term regardless of division, but I still see his position under thread somewhat if we don't go up.

Did Brighton stick with Hughton after he failed in the play offs? what a mistake that turned out to be.

19 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Can't see it.   If we don't go up it would be about 50/50 if he stays.

He's reached the play offs two years in a row. He's shown that the first season wasn't a 'flash in the pan'.

The play offs are a lottery. He can't be held responsible if we get knocked out. He's shown his ability by repeating the feat of getting us there,during the long slog of the season. Until he fails to do that then he has to stay.

Edited by Tudders

6 minutes ago, Tudders said:

He's reached the play offs two years in a row. He's shown that the first season wasn't a 'flash in the pan'.

The play offs are a lottery. He can't be held responsible if we get knocked out. He's shown his ability by repeating the feat of getting us there,during the long slog of the season. Until he fails to do that then he has to stay.

You and others miss my point.

It's not our opinion that matters.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Would be unsure about this if we go into next season with two play off defeats on his record. Psychologically can imagine that would be a big blow for Carlos and the squad. 

So we would be better off with a manager with no play off experience or in any way come close to getting a team promoted because it would be bad for the squad?

He has to stay regardless of what division we're in next season

He is a top manager and we are lucky to have him

I know we have spent a lot of money on the squad since he arrived, a luxury others before him didn't have, but to get us into the play offs two seasons running is success in my book