'Wednesday Player' new deal - £110 per season

Wonder which clubs have chosen not to sign up - presumably Leeds are one as they've never used Player. Ideally I would have preferred us to do our own thing as the web offering could be so much better - but it is probably not cost effective.

Maybe OwlsTV will come in the Prem. Didn't Joe Palmer oversee the launch of MUTV?

8 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

watching via a proxy is easy.

Setting up a bank account outside the UK a bit more difficult, although I could use my Swiss bank account :biggrin:

What's Redknapp's dog called again? :stuwinky:

Edited by BathgateBob

Just now, simpark said:

Wonder which clubs have chosen not to sign up - presumably Leeds are one as they've never used Player. Ideally I would have preferred us to do our own thing as the web offering could be so much better - but it is probably not cost effective.

Maybe OwlsTV will come in the Prem. Didn't Joe Palmer oversee the launch of MUTV?

It's the EFL/PL copyright that's the problem (Sky) They have the rights for the UK.

20 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

So how easy is it going to be to intercept or redirect the streams so everyone can watch?  

Or simply watch through a proxy?

No idea, assume theyve got encryption similar to Netflix to protect their revenue.

7 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

watching via a proxy is easy.

Setting up a bank account outside the UK a bit more difficult, although I could use my Swiss bank account :biggrin:

Plenty of options to make a single payment from a fake address with online places such as Revolut to name one.

6 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Christ is that how much it is these days?  Going to need to remember to cancel the bloody thing...

That new Wednesday player thing is still going to be 4.49 a month, that's a different thing for overseas fans.

Guest mkowl

How long before there is an option for UK customers to purchase away streaming season tickets 

Can see that as the next logical step