The credit where it's due

I've been critical of Carlos when we went on that dismal run of 1 win in 7. I won't apologise for that as I believe it was deserved. 

So with that in mind it's right to turn the table and give the credit and praise for what an incredible job the man (and team obviously) have done over the past few weeks. 

Outstanding work Carlos.  Fantastic work. Now let's go a step further than last year!

WAWAW

UTO

Fully agree he has been awesome.

credit to you for having the gonads to accept that you were wrong about him.

i hope others will follow your lead.

if not I have plenty of spare socks if anyone needs one to stick in it.

WAWAW

Edited by Reallondonowl

2 minutes ago, poite said:

I've been critical of Carlos when we went on that dismal run of 1 win in 7. I won't apologise for that as I believe it was deserved. 

So with that in mind it's right to turn the table and give the credit and praise for what an incredible job the man (and team obviously) have done over the past few weeks. 

Outstanding work Carlos.  Fantastic work. Now let's go a step further than last year!

WAWAW

UTO

were you critical or did you call for his head ?

One is defensible the other was totally unjustified as i and others pointed out at the time not now with hindsight 

It's all about fine lines and small margins.

Last year we were very good going forward.

This year we are more pragmatic and defensive in our play.

A fine tweak and next we will get in the top two.             

Champions League here we come.

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

There was no need for the critisism we were always in with a big shout for play offs 

You know i never wavered but criticism of performances is fine but the wholesale "seasons over " "no plan B" "tactically clueless" " he has to go" crap we had on here was just moronic

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

You know i never wavered but criticism of performances is fine but the wholesale "seasons over " "no plan B" "tactically clueless" " he has to go" crap we had on here was just moronic

That was only a minority though. It's equally wrong to conflate those criticising performances with those prematurely calling for Carlos' head, which many have done.

I think most of us were in the "let's see where we are after 46 matches" club.

All water under the bridge, anyhoo. We're going into the playoffs as strong contenders, and I think it's safe to say we're all 100% behind the boys to go on and win at Wemberleeeee!

UTO!

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I played it all like a consumate professional..

"Yea, I see your point ..but"

"I can't really see what you are getting at..but..."

an' me famous....

"If not Carlos, who?...I can see all your points from the fence I'm sitting on..but..................."

I'm still here secure in Valours station..but..............................

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

He as found different ways to win games it as cost us the free flowing football of last season but you could always see the results would improve 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Could not agree more. My line has always been 'in Carlos we trust'. Having watched Wednesday for as long as I have, this so much more champagne football compared to some of the budget bitter stuff I have seen over the last 40 years. I've never understood why there was not more excitement and positive momentum behind the run in. And please, please please, dare I say it, if - and I say if - the boys are not successful in winning the play offs, please, please please let's not have another chorus of Carlos out. We could realistically look for automatic promotion next season with our current group and management if, and I only say if, the boys lose out. But come on, let's enjoy the ride form here on in!