Forward Thinking Lee

Been watching Kieran Lee's performance back against Derby and it's never really occurred to me before, or not as much as it did against Derby, just how positive he is on the ball.

Think it's because we have been used to people sideways or backward passing and slowing the game down for the past few months.

Everytime Lee receives the ball he is striding forward with it, looking for one-twos, looking to set us off on the attack and it's not on just on the ball either. He is just as positive with his runs off it.

Carlos been saying for a while we have missed Lee's link play and I can see what he means now.

Hooper maybe the one who joins the attacks together upfront, but Lee is the one who carries it 20 yards up the pitch in the first place.

With Lee back in the side now, I only see us getting better and better.

20 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Been watching Kieran Lee's performance back against Derby and it's never really occurred to me before, or not as much as it did against Derby, just how positive he is on the ball.

Think it's because we have been used to people sideways or backward passing and slowing the game down for the past few months.

Everytime Lee receives the ball he is striding forward with it, looking for one-twos, looking to set us off on the attack and it's not on just on the ball either. He is just as positive with his runs off it.

Carlos been saying for a while we have missed Lee's link play and I can see what he means now.

Hooper maybe the one who joins the attacks together upfront, but Lee is the one who carries it 20 yards up the pitch in the first place.

Lee's individual performance was decent considering how long he's been out, but as a team we were very poor until he went off.

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Lee's individual performance was decent considering how long he's been out, but as a team we were very poor until he went off.

Or were derby better first half than second.?

Edited by pazowl55

27 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not just on the ball. His movement and energy off the ball is tremendous. One moment he's running the right channel to latch on to a flick on by Hooper, the next he's harrying and making a challenge in front of his own 18 yard box.

10 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

A lot of promising moves broke down at the feet/head of Reach vs Derby in the first 45. Can't fault his work rate, but he lacks that creative spark, a touch of guile when the situation calls for it. First purchase whether or not we go up this season should be a tricky winger with a bit of finesse.

48 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Our best player.

We were saying exactly the same thing. 

Bannan is great at retaining possession but at the expense of gaining ground sometimes.

Lee is ten yards forward minimum every time.

The combination of both aspects is what we've been missing, which won't have gone unnoticed. 

I bet they've absolutely bust a gut to get him fit for the play offs. 

It's all coming good at the right time. 

2 hours ago, adifferentgame said:

Not just on the ball. His movement and energy off the ball is tremendous. One moment he's running the right channel to latch on to a flick on by Hooper, the next he's harrying and making a challenge in front of his own 18 yard box.

I am gonna say it. 

He our very own N'golo Kante. 

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

When we return to the Premiership, Lee and Lees willl both get England call ups.

Said this over and over again.

And everyone knows I am nearly always right about everything.

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Never occurred to you? Where you been the last few months since he had the op? What games have you been watching? :biggrin:

To Sheffield Wednesday he's like the magic secret ingredient in KFC or Coca Cola!

4 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Never occurred to you? Where you been the last few months since he had the op? What games have you been watching? :biggrin:

To Sheffield Wednesday he's like the magic secret ingredient in KFC or Coca Cola!

I meant more that it never occurred to me that he is the only one who actually takes his first step forward with the ball rather than sideways or backward everytime.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

I meant more that it never occurred to me that he is the only one who actually takes his first step forward with the ball rather than sideways or backward everytime.

Our "heartbeat" mate. Deserves to play in the Premier League.

With The Wednesday.

Edited by OneDavidHirst

16 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

When we return to the Premiership, Lee and Lees willl both get England call ups.

Said this over and over again.

And nearly everyone knows I am nearly always right about nearly everything.

Fixed it for ya

He's an excellent player. 

My favourite out out of the current squad. 

Can pass, travel with the ball, link up play and score goals. 

Add to to that the fact he's probably the best athlete at the club (in terms of running, energy levels) and you've got one of the best, if often underrated, midfielders in the division imo.