Which manager sacking angered you most?

1536.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday have fired a few managers off in their time (as have all clubs)

Some have been definitely warranted for being a total failure at the club (Trevor Francis) and some less so and were strange moves at the time

But there have been times when managers have been released or sacked and it's left many fans upset, angry or confused

But which (out of all the sacked managers in our clubs history) do you feel was the most unjustified and unwarranted sacking of them all?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Deleted member
Just now, NorfolkNChance said:

Ron Atkinson second time around, clearly a revenge mission by Dave Richards 

^^ This

I'd just filled out my season ticket form and written out the cheque. Tore them up and posted to dave Richards

I still renewed before the season though... and thats it. They know theyve got us

Has to be Big Ron never understood it, would like to know how his sacking was justified.  

The heart of the club was ripped out and it's taken till now to get back a little of what taken.

Never like to see any manager leave, to me it shows there is an underlying problem and the many managers we've had since we lleft the Premier highlights that.

Was sad to see Grey leave in particular, he did a brilliant job and can look back on our time with us as a major success, even if I did watch his style of football more out of loyalty than enjoyment.  Shame he couldn't bring himself to work with CC but respect his decision.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1536.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday have fired a few managers off in their time (as have all clubs)

Some have been definitely warranted for being a total failure at the club (Trevor Francis)

I think the fan base would take his total failure on a consistent basis for the last 20 years. 

Gray sacking was harsh as he was starting to turn our fortunes around without having the cash to slash. But in hindsight it was a good call I suppose.

Generally speaking though, I couldn't wait to see the back of most of our managers (Turner, Irvine and Megson in particular)!

49 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Has to be Big Ron never understood it, would like to know how his sacking was justified.  

The heart of the club was ripped out and it's taken till now to get back a little of what taken.

Never like to see any manager leave, to me it shows there is an underlying problem and the many managers we've had since we lleft the Premier highlights that.

Was sad to see Grey leave in particular, he did a brilliant job and can look back on our time with us as a major success, even if I did watch his style of football more out of loyalty than enjoyment.  Shame he couldn't bring himself to work with CC but respect his decision.

Grey's was a style of necessity, given his limited resources. I'd love to see what he can achieve at the helm of a club with a respectable budget.

Trevor Francis a total failure?  Took us to our only top 3 finish since 1961.  Took us to two Cup Finals in 1993, playing the best football we've ever played in all the years I've watched Wednesday, and I first went in 1958.  Not only that, but he served us well as a player.  

Do you seriously believe what you wrote?  Thought it was April 1st again.  

His sacking in 1995 for one poor season was the start of our decline in my opinion.  

Up there with Vic Buckingham's sacking in 1964....to be replaced with Alan Brown. Brown took us to a Cup Final but the footy was poor. Kick and rush. 

So I'll vote Francis to cöck a snook at the OP. 

Edited by Lincs Owl

11 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Grey's was a style of necessity, given his limited resources. I'd love to see what he can achieve at the helm of a club with a respectable budget.

Maybe, certainly would have been interesting to find out but wasn't he defensive minded anyway?  That's why I would have like to seen him work alongside CC to tighten the reins in some games especially last season when it might have been more productive pointwise to be a little more defence minded.