If we go up..

I'd expect probably 30/40 million to be spent at least. You think about the recent promoted teams, Hull spent £12.5M despite their owners going loopy, Boro spent £20m but got high profile loanees/freebies, Burnley spent £20m also. We're a way off the level of all three of those teams, and when you have 'average' sides like Watford spending £50m, you need to invest. We'd need at least 6/7 high profile players to take us to the next level.

With the squad we've got I reckon we'll be challenging for the top 4 straightaway - absolutely nothing to fear in that division from what I've seen of it, and our decent Championship strikeforce will tear it apart. In Carlos we trust.  Chelsea know we're coming for them and they're secretly bricking it.

Oh. Sorry about that, I've been drinking the same stuff as dem blades...

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

With the squad we've got I reckon we'll be challenging for the top 4 straightaway - absolutely nothing to fear in that division from what I've seen of it, and our decent Championship strikeforce will tear it apart. In Carlos we trust.  Chelsea know we're coming for them and they're secretly bricking it.

Oh. Sorry about that, I've been drinking the same stuff as dem blades...

So glad you said that last bit I was thinking WTF:

I think our performance at Boro in the cup should be a bit of a guide to what needs doing.

Any team getting promoted needs to "splash the cash" in order to "just aim for staying up". Or put another way: don't splash the cash but prepare for instant relegation and the championship the following season.

26 minutes ago, RenishawOwl said:

Do you think Chansiri will splash the cash or just aim for keeping up next season?  If we splashed out on some big names who would you like to see brought in? 

The first aim of any promoted team is 4th bottom , then build from there

17 minutes ago, MOwl said:

when you have 'average' sides like Watford spending £50m, you need to invest. We'd need at least 6/7 high profile players to take us to the next level.

Jesus, season tickets are going to be 4 grand

I didn't mean don't spend. Obviously we're not going to get to prem and say ''you know what? We don't want any new players this season I think we're good'' but there's a difference in spending to keep up and throwing money at it to try and go for say, a europa league spot. Think it would be a daft move but who knows what goes on in Chansiri's head apart from him? 

Guest Grez Bez

Hopefully we'll sign Gary Madine back;

I think signing a player from 6 years ago to play in a division that he has never done well in is a smart move....

Bournemouth have done well and I don't think they've spent much? They may be the side to emulate?

Its a whole new world in the PL and there'll be queues of agents lining their players up. It's making sure we invest wisely and not be seen as a last payday for players based on reputation than what they can bring to the team. Been burnt with that before.

1 minute ago, Tudders said:

Bournemouth have done well and I don't think they've spent much? They may be the side to emulate?

Its a whole new world in the PL and there'll be queues of agents lining their players up. It's making sure we invest wisely and not be seen as a last payday for players based on reputation than what they can bring to the team. Been burnt with that before.

They haven't spent too much in relation to the rest of the PL, but I think I'd cry a bit inside if we spent £40m on Jordan Ibe, Tyrone Mings, Benik Afobe and Lewis Grabban,

1 minute ago, Dalian said:

Had we gone up last season we would have been anihilated (sp) and straight down. If we go up this year there is a chance we could stay there. 

I assume this as the pieces of the jigsaw are starting to come together.

Agree but think this thread is a little premature, let's put our energy into getting there then we can discuss next season

24 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Hopefully we'll sign Gary Madine back;

I think signing a player from 6 years ago to play in a division that he has never done well in is a smart move....

Don't be ridiculous, what club would seriously do that :ph34r: