Carlos/ Big Ron

2 minutes ago, TheFoxx said:

Won more games this season than Atkinsons promotion season in 91. Time for Carlos to be considered in the same bracket as Ron? 

Get a grip!

He needs to get us promoted first.

And then pick up players of the calibre of Nilsson, Palmer and Sheridan.

Then win the League Cup

So nearly there

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Promoted in 3rd in 91 which would only mean play offs in this day. Also some argue the Championship is harder than what the old div 2 used to be and no one's bothered about the league cup now. Not that I agree just putting it out there. 

Guest Kameron
27 minutes ago, TheFoxx said:

Won more games this season than Atkinsons promotion season in 91. Time for Carlos to be considered in the same bracket as Ron? 

Nope

24 minutes ago, TheFoxx said:

Promoted in 3rd in 91 which would only mean play offs in this day. Also some argue the Championship is harder than what the old div 2 used to be and no one's bothered about the league cup now. Not that I agree just putting it out there. 

I always hate the comment "not bothered about league cup" why it's does the same exact thing as the fa cup, it gets you a spot in Europe. Yes it's less prestigious but the end reward is basically the same. Baffling. 

Beat Arsenal 3-0 he's doing something right!

Potentially playoffs twice 2 seasons running! 

If we win playoffs them he's up there with RON! 

He's got a fantastic character I'd like to see him here for many years and build on his success! 

30 minutes ago, TheFoxx said:

There were play-offs that season but 4 went up.

4 should go up this season IMO to get rid of the likes of Swansea and Hull at our expense 

5 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Get a grip!

He needs to get us promoted first.

And then pick up players of the calibre of Nilsson, Palmer and Sheridan.

Then win the League Cup

So nearly there

Bang on the money

CC has won nothing yet ...get us up and he can at least start to be contemplated.

12 hours ago, TheFoxx said:

If CC gets us promoted he'll definitely have left his mark on our club. Arguably Ron had a superior bunch of players in 91 which would make promotion all the more impressive for CC if he managed to get us over the line. In fairness they both come across as great blokes and just seem to suit our club.

Ron could get away with wearing big gold chunky jewelry..And glasses that went dark on their own.

Name me a foreign coach that could manage that while swigging champers.

Exactly! You can't.

All this I pad clean living generation of clever so and sos make me physically ill.

Those final games in the 89-90 season.  After we'd outplayed Man U at Hillsboro and won 4-1 at Coventry.  Then the collapse.

And then in 90-91.  The habit of losing two goal leads.  Home games where we simply didn't get going: Charlton, Port Vale, Wolves. 

Panic stations at easter when we were dire at home to Oxford, lost 2-0.

It was the best of times, and a fantastic team.  But in many ways perhaps as well the internet was used only by half a dozen academics.  Less hysteria was generated by a bad run back then.

I was talking to a Man Utd fan from Burnley today (I know) and was surprised at how highly he regarded Carlos. I get the feeling a lot of other club's fans rate him a lot more highly than some of ours do.

He's not up there with Big Ron but he's the next best in my lifetime I think

11 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Those final games in the 89-90 season.  After we'd outplayed Man U at Hillsboro and won 4-1 at Coventry.  Then the collapse.

And then in 90-91.  The habit of losing two goal leads.  Home games where we simply didn't get going: Charlton, Port Vale, Wolves. 

Panic stations at easter when we were dire at home to Oxford, lost 2-0.

It was the best of times, and a fantastic team.  But in many ways perhaps as well the internet was used only by half a dozen academics.  Less hysteria was generated by a bad run back then.

Yes the Internet does make a difference as evidenced by your post.

Unless you actually can remember all of that!