Leeds vs. Norwich next Saturday

Looking at the fixtures a few weeks ago would have never thought this game could be so important. 

A Norwich win basically seals the top six as they are now (just probably in a different order) regardless of results elsewhere. 

A draw will see us, Reading and Huddersfield make the playoffs. Leeds' only hope there is that Fulham lose to keep 6th place reachable. 

Yeah but if they win they only need to win at an already Relegated Wigan to Leave:-

Reading needing one point from two matches

Us needing two points from two matches

Huddersfield needing two points from three matches

Fulham needing three points from two matches

I am expecting Leeds to win their two matches and if they do I reckon they will sneak in. Somebody will mess up, especially with Fulham and us playing each other.

I just pray we can win at Ipswich because otherwise we are in for a very nervy last day.

2 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

Then Leeds would need to score something like 15-0 will in last game though. 

Leeds need to win both games and hope Fulham drop points or we lose two matches.

Correction, Leeds need to win both and hope Fulham drop points or we lose one and draw one

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Yeah but if they win they only need to win at an already Relegated Wigan to Leave:-

Reading needing one point from two matches

Us needing two points from two matches

Huddersfield needing two points from three matches

Fulham needing three points from two matches

I am expecting Leeds to win their two matches and if they do I reckon they will sneak in. Somebody will mess up, especially with Fulham and us playing each other.

I just pray we can win at Ipswich because otherwise we are in for a very nervy last day.

Leeds have taken 4 points from the last 18. I'm not expecting anything of them in the next couple of weeks.

Everybody is saying Fulham are definitely in the play offs if they win next week.

I agree they almost certainly are but not definitely.

They have +27 goal difference, Leeds +14.

Would these results be impossible?

Fulham 2-1 Brentford

Leeds 5-0 Norwich

Wednesday 4-0 Fulham

Wigan 0-6Leeds

Leaving Leeds on +25 and Fulham on +24.

Yeah, on second thoughts it ain't happening lol

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

I think Huddersfield are in trouble. Wolves away is a tough game particularly after yesterday's result then they've got to contend with The Redknapp Show at Birmingham then it's Warnock at home. Could see them only picking up 1 point from that lot. The pressure's getting to them as I always thought it would.

Leeds are likely to batter Norwich. Wigan will be down, so three points for Leeds a week on Sunday is likely too.

Udders look vulnerable. Wolves away on Tuesday is an awful fixture. Then Redknapp's points-needing Birmingham away. They might need a win or at least a draw at home to Cardiff, who are the sort of physical side that Udders struggle against.

I believe we need two points. McCarthy has said he will play his first team, and their home form is strong. I would be delighted but very surprised if the Fulham match is a dead rubber. Get biting those nails.

I'd be suprised if Leeds don't win their two remaining games

Norwich are extremely poor away from home, and they'll crumble at a packed Elland Road. They also have Alan Irvine in charge which isn't going to help matters

They go to Wigan on the last day, and everyone beats Wigan

We still have work to do, but two draws at least shouldn't be beyond us

12 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think Huddersfield are in trouble. Wolves away is a tough game particularly after yesterday's result then they've got to contend with The Redknapp Show at Birmingham then it's Warnock at home. Could see them only picking up 1 point from that lot. The pressure's getting to them as I always thought it would.

Huddersfield will beat Cardiff if necessary. You may be right about the Brum fixture though.