Away Kit usage ?

I've heard many people say and also read on here a few times that the reason for one of my pet hates (needless use of the away kit even when there is no colour clash-) is because the suppliers insist that we must wear it a certain number of times during the season.

If we are now "making the kits ourselves" as has been touted, does this mean that we can rid ourselves of the needless away day changes?  

Hope so !

We should definitely play in blue and white as often as we can or blue with a little bit of white or blue with white sleeves or even blue and white stripes ! Do like this season's third kit though. Oh yes it is blue and white albeit light blue. Still much better IMO than the black and orange whoever we are playing, hopefully we can completely forget about in a few weeks. Unless of course we win with it on in the play- off final and then I'll accept it as part of our heritage !

If we get to the play off finals it will be interesting to see what happens. There would be no colour clash with either Leeds or Fulham but there would be with Reading or Huddersfield. Do they throw a coin to see who gets so-called home advantage? Obviously Hull won last year because we had to wear white shorts.

There is no rule that says an 'away kit' has to be worn when away from home. I'm not sure if manufacturers stipulate anything. However clubs will use away kits even when no clash for maximising exposure to the kit. If a team only wore the away kit two times all season, no one would want to buy it. 

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Fascinates me what people actually think / care about . I mean really do you actually care if we wear black and orange when playing against a team in for example red.? How would you cope with genuine life issues ? 

It's not a huge issue. Football isn't really is it.

As I've said before though football, much of it is about memories and images that stick in your mind and the tribalism. 

It's illogical really that we all care so much about people booting a ball around at all!

As I've said before though, I like us to beat teams in their 'proper colours'. It's just one of those odd things.

Loved beating Arsenal last season. Just would have liked seeing them in their red shirts as we put them to the sword.  It's the imagery , I think.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Fascinates me what people actually think / care about . I mean really do you actually care if we wear black and orange when playing against a team in for example red.? How would you cope with genuine life issues ? 

Are you aware that this is a Sheffield Wednesday discussion forum?

3 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

If we get to the play off finals it will be interesting to see what happens. There would be no colour clash with either Leeds or Fulham but there would be with Reading or Huddersfield. Do they throw a coin to see who gets so-called home advantage? Obviously Hull won last year because we had to wear white shorts.

Team who finishes higher gets the choice of kit. So we'll likely to be in black and orange. Unless we wear next seasons away kit perhaps or play the white teams as you said.

calm down mate, it was a reasonable question

If you actually meant that you would immediately delete your account, and go and become a missionary in africa. Only devoting your valuable time on earth to what truly matters, and what makes a difference to others.

But no. You won't do that because you're just a fat, lazy, time wasting, hypocritical failure, feeding your boredom with arbitrary inane nonsense in your own safe bubble of modern day western subsistence. A fake. A fraud. A charlatan. Just like the rest of us.

Uto.

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's not a huge issue. Football isn't really is it.

As I've said before though football, much of it is about memories and images that stick in your mind and the tribalism. 

It's illogical really that we all care so much about people booting a ball around at all!

As I've said before though, I like us to beat teams in their 'proper colours'. It's just one of those odd things.

Loved beating Arsenal last season. Just would have liked seeing them in their red shirts as we put them to the sword.  It's the imagery , I think.