Sam Winnall ?

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Do people reckon he could make the step up with us if the dream comes true?

No chance! I'm not convinced at this level never mind the one above

Having said that i'm a bit surprised he hasnt had more action since his goal at the Dingles. His confidence must have been sky high, plus i kinda wanted to sing his song more!!

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Should be on the bench imo

He's got a future with us in place of Fletcher long term I think but Nuhiu offers something from the bench that Winnall doesn't. Actually the late game impact Nuhiu can have is something none of the others can.

In a perfect world the lad should never be anywhere near a starting slot for us. In the pecking order of options he probably sits next to big Dave. Was clearly a panic buy given striker issues at the time and also probably shows the Rhodes deal didn't look likely until near the deadline. 

Seems he's been dropped like a stone,went to QPR and everyone i spoke to when the team and subs were announced couldn't believe he wasn't in the eighteen.A bit strange with Atty and Fletch on the bench and Hoops and Rhodes starting we didn't really have a like for like if one of them too came off injured earlydoors.

1 minute ago, SWFCLee said:

In a perfect world the lad should never be anywhere near a starting slot for us. In the pecking order of options he probably sits next to big Dave. Was clearly a panic buy given striker issues at the time and also probably shows the Rhodes deal didn't look likely until near the deadline. 

Don't really agree with that.

I believe he was purchased because we was on fire at the level we are playing at and was available for an absolute snip of his true value. He's part of the squad and we would get £2m+ if we put him up for sale this summer.

Believe we would have signed him even if Rhodes had signed beforehand.