Poll: Man of the Match vs QPR...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs QPR  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs QPR?

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Jones
    • Wallace
    • Bannan
    • Rhodes
    • Hooper
    • Reach
    • Semedo
    • Forestieri
    • Nuhiu

Just checked into hotel after watching today. Thought first half we dominated and only danger came down Palmers side. Palmer looked off the pace. Hooper and Reach were best 2 in first half for my money. 2nd half QPR came out strong and we never got a stranglehold. Then when Semedo came on our centre midfield conceded territory and we were left with occasional counter attacks. I voted for Pudil as he was steady throughout, he scored and he did well considering his recent time out then 3 games in a short space of time. Reach was less effective 2nd half, as was Hooper. 

Westwood 7

even when in the lead Westwood is always looking to get it to the forwards straight away. Great distribution.  We certainly aren't a time wasting team.

Pudil  8

Great to have the old Pudil back. Full of energy and wants to score goals. Positive performance 

Palmer 7

Good defensive job. Good passing. Good movement even though he doesn't dribble as well as Hunt he is a good deputy. 

Lees 7

Nothing stood out just usual dependable self.

Loovens 7

Same as Lees

Jones 7

One if those players you just don't notice much. Kept it ticking over nicely though.

Bannan 7

He's never afraid of the ball but I wish he would practice those long shots a bit more. Every time it sails a yard over. 

Reach 7

Excellent first half. Tired and mistakes in the second. He never goes missing though. Looks like Waddle but without the panache in the ball.

Wallace 8

Dead ball master. Such a confident lad. Great player to have in the run in. 

Hooper 7

So strong. Doesn't give a throw how many defenders are around him. Robust and skillful. 

Rhodes 6

Plenty of willing but not the type of game for him to shine in. Would like to see that partnership given time to develop.

17 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

Scrappy second half and sat back too much. Not good for the nerves!

Tell you what - That radio broadcast should have carried a Government health warning. I've only just about recovered

3 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Semedo came on quite early? 

Carlos does seem to try and shut up shop quite early in games when we are 1 goal ahead. Risky strategy, thankfully it paid off today.

Semedo played well.

A number of forward runs with a pass to relieve pressure. 

He isnt as unskillful as my memory tells me he is.

23 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Westwood 7

even when in the lead Westwood is always looking to get it to the forwards straight away. Great distribution.  We certainly aren't a time wasting team.

Pudil  8

Great to have the old Pudil back. Full of energy and wants to score goals. Positive performance 

Palmer 7

Good defensive job. Good passing. Good movement even though he doesn't dribble as well as Hunt he is a good deputy. 

Lees 7

Nothing stood out just usual dependable self.

Loovens 7

Same as Lees

Jones 7

One if those players you just don't notice much. Kept it ticking over nicely though.

Bannan 7

He's never afraid of the ball but I wish he would practice those long shots a bit more. Every time it sails a yard over. 

Reach 7

Excellent first half. Tired and mistakes in the second. He never goes missing though. Looks like Waddle but without the panache in the ball.

Wallace 8

Dead ball master. Such a confident lad. Great player to have in the run in. 

Hooper 7

So strong. Doesn't give a throw how many defenders are around him. Robust and skillful. 

Rhodes 6

Plenty of willing but not the type of game for him to shine in. Would like to see that partnership given time to develop.

Thanks. That seems a very thoughtful analysis. 

Looking at the short highlights Rhodes does well in the lead up to the first goal and it's a good header from him leading to the second.

1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

Thanks. That seems a very thoughtful analysis. 

Looking at the short highlights Rhodes does well in the lead up to the first goal and it's a good header from him leading to the second.

Fair enough. I was at such a low angle and it was at the opposite end of the pitch. Hard to see the goals. Only that they went in! 

58 minutes ago, Twaddle said:

Tell you what - That radio broadcast should have carried a Government health warning. I've only just about recovered

I had a fitbit on during the Newcastle game. It was at 146 heart rate at the end

Westwood 7 - Perhaps could have done better for the goal and a couple of kicks went straight out of play. Other than that, one superb save and his kicking is a very valuable asset... usually.

Palmer 7 - Not on the same level as Hunt recently, but not particularly poor. Barely got forward, let Wallace play in front of him and Reach in the second half.

Lees 8 - Rock. Absolute rock. Loves to head it and some vital interceptions. A joy to watch.

Loovens 7 - Very dependable as always. Distribution a bit off today, but hard to complain after his battling performance.

Pudil 8 - Great awareness for his goal and some superb crossing. Great to have last year's Pudil back. Probably should have scored in the second half with a free header from a corner.

Wallace 8 - Every single dead ball superb. Always looking to get forward in open play. Helped Palmer out.

Bannan 7 - Worked very hard. Some great balls but a bit too much hopeful punting for me. Love his sliding tackles.

Jones 7 - Easy to see why he was so important to Burnley but he doesn't quite have he lets anymore. Good interceptions and fantastic in the transition phases. Instantly looks to play short passes forwards or to the creative outlets.

Reach 7 - Fantastic first half, disappointing second. On the counter he is a superb weapon, but seems to struggle when having more time on the ball. Dealing with the pressure on his shoulders form the massive fee very well. I like him, and will definitely improve.

Hooper 8 - Incredible first half, QPR couldn't get the ball off him. Clearly tired in the second half.

Rhodes 7 - Still not quite working for him, but did play key roles in both goals. Manages to get so much power on his shots. Happy to do dirty work as well. Yet to work out his best partner, don't think he did enough today to keep his place.

Subs

Forestieri 7 - Didn't get that involved, but hassled at every opportunity. Great at the end of games as it's so hard to get the ball off him.

Semedo 7 - Love that man. Some smashing tackles and a couple of driving runs. Still up to it.

Nuhiu 7 - Couple of tricks but a couple of fouls. Almost created a goal for FF when he broke on the counter. Valuable player.

Guest Bagarri
15 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Westwood 7 - Perhaps could have done better for the goal and a couple of kicks went straight out of play. Other than that, one superb save and his kicking is a very valuable asset... usually.

Palmer 7 - Not on the same level as Hunt recently, but not particularly poor. Barely got forward, let Wallace play in front of him and Reach in the second half.

Lees 8 - Rock. Absolute rock. Loves to head it and some vital interceptions. A joy to watch.

Loovens 7 - Very dependable as always. Distribution a bit off today, but hard to complain after his battling performance.

Pudil 8 - Great awareness for his goal and some superb crossing. Great to have last year's Pudil back. Probably should have scored in the second half with a free header from a corner.

Wallace 8 - Every single dead ball superb. Always looking to get forward in open play. Helped Palmer out.

Bannan 7 - Worked very hard. Some great balls but a bit too much hopeful punting for me. Love his sliding tackles.

Jones 7 - Easy to see why he was so important to Burnley but he doesn't quite have he lets anymore. Good interceptions and fantastic in the transition phases. Instantly looks to play short passes forwards or to the creative outlets.

Reach 7 - Fantastic first half, disappointing second. On the counter he is a superb weapon, but seems to struggle when having more time on the ball. Dealing with the pressure on his shoulders form the massive fee very well. I like him, and will definitely improve.

Hooper 8 - Incredible first half, QPR couldn't get the ball off him. Clearly tired in the second half.

Rhodes 7 - Still not quite working for him, but did play key roles in both goals. Manages to get so much power on his shots. Happy to do dirty work as well. Yet to work out his best partner, don't think he did enough today to keep his place.

Subs

Forestieri 7 - Didn't get that involved, but hassled at every opportunity. Great at the end of games as it's so hard to get the ball off him.

Semedo 7 - Love that man. Some smashing tackles and a couple of driving runs. Still up to it.

Nuhiu 7 - Couple of tricks but a couple of fouls. Almost created a goal for FF when he broke on the counter. Valuable player.

FF - " Didn't get that involved, but hassled at every opportunity"...I'm confused by this contradiction but thanks for the ratings. Enjoy the rest of your day.