New ground or refurbishment?

Take with a complete pinch of salt because I can't verify this, but there was something mentioned on Danish radio about us and the national stadium about 2 months ago.  As I say, I can't find any verification.  It was a friend doing some work in Denmark in telecoms and heard something on the radio about us. When he asked a colleague, he said it was something to do with the national stadium and redevelopment, somewhere in there was Sheffield Wednesday.  That's it....I can't tell you anymore because that is all he spoke about it.  He just mentioned it in general chit chat knowing I was a Wednesday fan.

Interesting because its not your "soul-less bowl", rather a distinct 4 sided stadium.  Plus its not new from the foundations up, it was a complete revamp of the old stadium.  So maybe we are definitely in the fact finding stage of either new ground or refurbishment.  I don't suppose its unrealistic that DC would weigh up both options so if the time comes he can give figures and examples if he is going to consult the fan base.

Any Danish based Owls heard anything?

Mods feel free to delete if it turns out I've the wrong end of the stick...

In my humble opinion the more costlier option.

But the more costlier option can be done over a longer period of time, maybe a decade.   Do it over a number of years and don't alienate some fans, whilst also pressuring for things like better links to the ground.

You could also encourage people to stay inside the ground longer after a game if certain amenities were built in.    

How does the national stadium bit fit in?

Will we be playing at Wembley whilst Hillsborough is redeveloped?

Maybe something to do a national athletics stadium, something to replace Don Valley. Anyone fancy sharing the ground with some athletes?

How does the national stadium bit fit in?

Will we be playing at Wembley whilst Hillsborough is redeveloped?

Maybe something to do a national athletics stadium, something to replace Don Valley. Anyone fancy sharing the ground with some athletes?

I think the stadium in Copenhagen is the national stadium as well as a club stadium.  It was refurbished a long time ago according to Wiki, over 25 years ago.

Refurb land across road big car park and pub bridge over for safe crossing all state of the art 

Not sure but don't think there's any available. As Grandad said the other day we missed out on the Wednesdayite car park. What ever happened to the plans for the education centre and fan park (?) that were planned for over the road? I think if they were ever looked at again we'd be staying where we are otherwise there isn't enough space to expand the stadium to modern standards

Edited by darra

Not sure but don't think there's any available. As Grandad said the other day we missed out on the Wednesdayite car park. What ever happened to the plans for the education centre and fan park (?) that were planned for over the road? I think if they were ever looked at again we'd be staying where we are otherwise there isn't enough space to expand the stadium to modern standards

Who purchased the Wednesdayite car park any ideas ?

I love Hillsborough, but in my opinion, I think SAG have it in for us

If moving away gets SAG off our back, then I'd accept moving

Unfortunately, I think SAG are like a dog with a bone, and I can't see them ever allowing us to fill a stadia, wherever it is

Unless we buy back Bumhole Stain, because at that ground, all supporters, home and away are allowed to queue side by side at turnstyles next to a busy road on the away end without any interference from SAG

But then that club have always been quicker at calling the lawyers

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

No sorry but I know it's gone because Grandad said so on here the other day

Possible that Chansiri purchased it ? Keeping it under wraps surely he would be well in the know if it was to be sold ? Big opportunity to purchase and will surely be and investment at the very least multiple uses for it 

Edited by Owls-Ya-Doin

Sad truth imo is that Hillsborough is too small we would have to buy land around to do it properly and that would involve compulsory purchase of properties or best case scenario people selling willingly. Cant see either being easy. Only takes one person to dig their heels in. Also not sure what the rules are regarding compulsory purchase. Then there's the problem of the stadium in places being a 100 years old and the building techniques used then as opposed to now. At the end of the day we wont have a say in it Mr C will do wahts best for business and his family.

I love Hillsborough, but in my opinion, I think SAG have it in for us

If moving away gets SAG off our back, then I'd accept moving

Unfortunately, I think SAG are like a dog with a bone, and I can't see them ever allowing us to fill a stadia, wherever it is

Unless we buy back Bumhole Stain, because at that ground, all supporters, home and away are allowed to queue side by side at turnstyles next to a busy road on the away end without any interference from SAG

But then that club have always been quicker at calling the lawyers

Hopefully we'll be looking into some legal stuff and a lawyer will come across a document saying that we leased the ground to them and the lease runs out in 2018. Not that we'd move there but it would be so funny