Nuhiu to Start Monday

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

He had a huge impact on yesterday win. As a substitute, your role is to change games and make an impact, which he did to much aplomb. If you then don't get a start it does not encourage any of the subs to come on and do their all for a start in the next game. 

I have never rated Nuhiu, but yesterday if you had never been to a Wednesday game, and saw Fletcher and Nuhiu, you would have been thinking Nuhiu was by far the superior player. So for this, I think he does deserve a start. He won everything, looked a lot more mobile and trim than previously and looked up for the fight.

He also knows how to score against QPR.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Jones

Bannan

Reach

Nuhiu

FF

He has always done his best performances when coming on as a sub. Good player to have to change things if it's needed like yesterday.

I think he will play Hooper (plenty of fuel in the tank after short stints so far), and Rhodes (will be very fresh).

Still think FF will start on the bench 

A tremendous performance from the former bear wrestler, secret services operative and pirate of the high seas,   but I'd make no changes to the side.

Momentum and consistency  going into the run in will prove vital IMO. 

Also think Hooper should get as much game time as possible,  we want him 100% and firing on all cylinders come the play offs.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

He'll start with Rhodes and Winnall with Nando on the left.  Hooper, Fletcher and maybe even Nuhiu will be on the bench.

Reach will probably be at left back to give a Pudil a rest.  Wonder if Lee will make the bench as well.

Guest RocketOwl

Got to start hooper and winnall for me. QPR are not the team to get into an aerial battle with, and on their small pitch you need players that pass and move.

If FF isn't 100% start him on the bench.

FF looked fully fit to me.

Winnall is very far down the pecking order currently.

Edited by RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

Fletcher has been superb 2 games before yest, put himself about yest too. 

Now nuhiu to start? He came on and did everything asked, but lets not overreact 

My point is what is the point of having subs if when they change the game they know it won't matter in terms of starting?

Anyone who has ever played knows this is the mentality of a sub, you come on in the hope of playing well and getting in the team.

Fletcher has played well but to be fair tonuhiu - he played much better against Cardiff than Fletcher - Fletcher was losing it all the time.

He'll start with Rhodes and Winnall with Nando on the left.  Hooper, Fletcher and maybe even Nuhiu will be on the bench.

Reach will probably be at left back to give a Pudil a rest.  Wonder if Lee will make the bench as well.

I really hope he does play two strikers and FF on the left or behind them.

Its an Ian Holloway team so they aren't going to be parking the bus at home. It will come down to who has the better attacks on the day and we have the better attacking players on paper 

My point is what is the point of having subs if when they change the game they know it won't matter in terms of starting?

Anyone who has ever played knows this is the mentality of a sub, you come on in the hope of playing well and getting in the team.

Fletcher has played well but to be fair tonuhiu - he played much better against Cardiff than Fletcher - Fletcher was losing it all the time.

Yes but you don't have Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher and Winnall to play Nuhiu and FF up top. 

Everything I've seen over the past few years with Nuhiu tells me he doesn't warrant a start over those guys, which won't change based on one 20 minute cameo. 

Guest RocketOwl

Yes but you don't have Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher and Winnall to play Nuhiu and FF up top. 

Everything I've seen over the past few years with Nuhiu tells me he doesn't warrant a start over those guys, which won't change based on one 20 minute cameo. 

Hooper has just come back from injury and played 3 games in a row.

Rhodes has done nothing.

Fletcher has been playing well but is effectively like Nuhui in how we utilise him - so it's not that strange a swap.

FF is best upfront away as he is our only quick striker.

Winnall - meh.

Rhodes has done nothing.

Fletcher has been playing well but is effectively like Nuhui in how we utilise him - so it's not that strange a swap.

Winnall - meh.

i must have imagined his shot that was parried into FF's path for the header

Guest RocketOwl

i must have imagined his shot that was parried into FF's path for the header

Andrew.

Jordan Rhodes is going to cost 10m, i would fully expect him to be getting that shot on target, the impressive thing about the goal was FF header, you could argue Rhodes shot was feeble, the keeper should have had it.

However, Rhodes did brilliant in the build up and showed some good understanding with FF. I hope he comes good because he seems like a top pro, as of yet his time has been disappointing and even he would admit that,

Some players are able to come to terms with the concept that no matter how well they perform as a substitute, they're unlikely to start many games. These players need to buy in to the team ethic and put the success of the group ahead of themselves, but I doubt these are issues Nuhiu struggles with.

Rhodes has done nothing.

Winnall - meh.

Except fletcher scores goals as well. 

Nuhiu did an absolutely superb bit of skill taking out two men on the touch line, then instead of slipping it inside to Jordan Rhodes in the area, he tried another trick and lost the ball. Summed up in a nutshell. 

He certainly provides more of a plan b than Winnall (justifying his place on the bench), but at the minute I wouldn't change too much.