Marc Degryse

Guest Coyt

I was sorting through some old stuff the other day and found some old SWFC programmes and posters and I was looking through the players and saw Marc Degryse. Was this guy any good? I was 7 years old when he was at the club and i don't remember much about him.

Just one for the "slightly" older than me fans lol

Guest wilyfox

He was a fine player. Intelligent, with good technical ability. Still disappointed to this day that he left us after only one season. 

Good player in a poor side.

think everyone was disappointed he left.

played off a front man and was very skilful and could finish - not much pace. 

He had guile and awareness.  Vision and a eye for a pass. Included that rarest of passes these days, the sliderule thru ball!

Great first touch, excellent in possession,  good with both feet and a knack of getting himself in shooting positions. 

I'm many ways he was a modern day player playing before his time.

He'd have loved a modern 4-2-3-1

Sadly we only ever got to see him in that one season, with that dreadful kit witht the "yellow piping" on . A lovely player who I was frustrated  moved away too soon. 

• Like 2

a technically gifted player; reminded me of a better Paul Williams.

A typical Pleat player but the rest of the team where either ageing or we had fetched in some questionable signings and were, on the whole, on a downward transition. I think he suffered from this and he just disappeared.

As I recall, for a short spell, he was a regular scorer for us. Can't remember much more tbh other than if we scored, he was likely to be on the scoresheet. But my memory is fading fast with the onslaught of old age.

Can hardly remember our Premiership title win from 1995 now.

• Haha 2