David Hirst resigns from Sheffield Wednesday

David-Hirst-Sheff-Wed.jpg

Think every Sheffield Wednesday fan who has spent time with Hirst before and after games when he has done the hospitality thing at the club will join us in saying a big thank you to him

Wont be the same without him 

Big up Hirsty you legend 

Big shame he felt the need to walk

Owlstalk Shop

If he is looking after Hirsty Jr's affairs as his personal manager, either officially or de facto, he might have felt, legitimately, and with no need for panic on our part, that he couldn't also be employed by the club. 

Edited by WC1Owl

If he is looking after Hirsty Jr's affairs as his personal manager, either officially or de facto, he might have felt, legitimately, and with no need for panic on our part, that he couldn't also be employed by the club. 

Think it's more to do with Hirst senior wanting to get a big move for George and D.C. thinking otherwise. 

Think it's more to do with Hirst senior wanting to get a big move for George and D.C. thinking otherwise. 

Well, George is under contract, and he doesn't have the player power to force a move, so I'm choosing not to stress about it. And, like I say, I think it's perfectly legitimate for David to work to maximise George's interests - and it makes sense for him not to be conflicted in that by also working for the club.

Basically, I don't think anybody is doing anything wrong.

Does anybody actually know the reason or just making up ridiculous assumptions?

Its what Owlstalk does best I admit but come on.  Im sure hes got valid reasons, hes not some poxy commercial desk jockey hes an absolute effing legend and I imagine for him to leave was ridiculously difficult.

Lets not start stupid baseless assumptions similar to the Nando megathreads.

Great for him to go on loan if he's going to play.

I was told it was a permanent deal but the fee and add one hadn't been sorted.

My source got told this around Christmas time by someone who's usually spot on with all things Barnsley.

I'm hoping that things have changed since then what with young Hirstys stock rising all the time but you could see how it could potentially be a good move for George as he would be moving to a club where he would have a better chance of making the first team (he's at least 6th choice here) and that has a history of developing young players and selling them on for huge profit.

I really hope this is wrong and we keep GH and maybe just loan him out somewhere.