Prepped for Colin?

Is everyone ready to experience the most frustrating, time wasting, defensive and boring style of play from Warnock's team on Friday?

Need to get an early goal before he brings the inevitable 7-2-1 formation into play.

Admittedly it's worked against us before but hopefully CC will go for it from the off.

Always love Warnock coming to town.

His sides frustrate the life out of me but I cant help but respect the man. Takes all the banter (some of it can be called banter, some of its just pure evil) aimed at him in great strides and isn't afraid to give a bit back. 

If he was an Owl he would be the best manager ever on here (in the lower leagues he probably is). And let's be honest we've not exactly been attacking for fun this season. Plus we have some reyt purveyors of the time wasting art ourselves (shall we start with Westwood?). 

Edited by Almat

Just now, Almat said:

If he was an Owl he would be the best manager ever on here (in the lower leagues he probably is). And let's be honest we've not exactly been attacking for fun this season. Plus we have some reyt purveyors of the time wasting art (shall we start with Westwood?). 

Honestly, I rate him as a manager (and love showering myself in negs) but I can already feel the rage he'll put us all in if he does what he has done in recent history and plays us like fiddles.

I figure I've paid about 13% of my ST fee to watch Westwood either scream at a defender after the ball has gone out of play, take a goal kick at a snails pace or horribly slice what's meant to be a quickly distributed ball.

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

Cardiff will be a very different game - Colin will have them well organised. It won't be like the Newcastle game, it's probably going to be turgid football. A win is most important. 

Couldn't agree more. 1-0 boring win will do for me.

Best thing we can do as fans is to plays Warnock & cheer him.

He's previously said he loves & lives off the booing we give him. It helps his team because it takes the pressure off them.

So imagine if his name was announced to cheers & clapping. He'd be well miffed & confused.

This thread reminds me of a game when a bete noir of a previous era, George Graham, bought his struggling L**ds team to Hillsborough many years ago. We were going well in the top 6 at the time and Graham was yet to improve the struggling Scum. Everyone knew they were coming to play a 5-5-0 formation and bore us so David Pleat started with Richie Humphreys and Bentio Carbone in the middle of midfield. In a stroke of simple genius, Graham opted to play two wingers and attack us all out from the kickoff. We were two nil down before we realised what was going on. Such was the gulf in class between the sides we came back to get a 2-2 draw but it was a valuable lesson.

2 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Time to break the hoodoo, that's for sure.

Really hope we can, there season is over with nothing to play for only pride but you can bet your bottom dollar they will put up one hell of a fight at Hillsborough and it will be all down to Colin, we really need to score early to open the game up or i can see it being a long afternoon.

I don't like the way his teams play, far too much gamesmanship for my liking.

But he is an excellent manager for getting a group of average players and getting the most out of them.

Managed loads of clubs and done well at nearly every one.

He really does have an ego the size of a small county though and loves being the centre of attention.

See him as a kind of Pantomime Villain who I always enjoy giving a bit of stick to.