Gets a lot of stick when he doesn't play well.

For me he was our best player against Rotherham and though he had a shakey start with the ball against Newcastle, he started doing the simple things, grew into the game, and ended up playing an important role in a good team win. 

He played well for a number of games before Hutch's injury and no one once posted about him. As a team we dropped off the pace possibly due to the effect Hutchinson's injury had, and Bannan seemed to be the scapegoat for this. 

You might argue that he should be able to dominate with anyone next to him, but not every player has everything and I don't think he feels comfortable with Jones next to him generally speaking (admittedly Jones had a good game against Newcastle.)

For me he is top draw. plays key passes can beat a man in midfield and always getting on the ball starting things off. One of our best players without a doubt and if he had a general consistently next to him he would be great.

He knows how good is he as does Carlos and Bannan will start next season n centre mid regardless of what posters on here feel. 

Just now, james o connor said:

I think he is very average and a weak link in our team. Having said that, He improved as the game went on against Newcastle and right now hes all we have. 

If I can get behind him anybody can ! 

I think thats a completely mental thing to say. The way he controls the ball his first touch, the way he beats a man without even touching the ball the way he manipulates it, he can . beat a man has a great range of passing, puts himself about for a small guy constantly making big slide tackles down the flanks when helping out his winger/full back.

He dictates the tempo of games for us and that is why regardless of what anyone says on here, he will start for us next season. Carlos knows his qualities.

Team of the year in centre mid last season, one of the two best central midfield players in the division as voted for by the players. 

I think he's had a poor season. Not sure if it's confidence. Seems to have lost some of the incredible energy from last season - although maybe it's the role Carlos has him play now.

He was good against Rovrum and grew into the game against Newcastle. And he played a sublime ball from left wing to Hunt on the right

2 minutes ago, Jowl said:

I think he's had a poor season. Not sure if it's confidence. Seems to have lost some of the incredible energy from last season - although maybe it's the role Carlos has him play now.

He was good against Rovrum and grew into the game against Newcastle. And he played a sublime ball from left wing to Hunt on the right

He was poor first half of the season, however that is because he wa splayed on the left. 

Since Lees injury he has gone through phases. However generally when Hutchinson has been there next to him as opposed to Jones he has been excellent. 

You only have to look at that game earlier in the season, I think it was Bristol. 2 down at half time. Bannan gets put in the middle in the second half as opposed to the left in the first. He totally ran the second half for us and won us that game. You'd have to be a total idiot to disagree with me.

Regarding the Newcastle game...yes he did improve as the game wore on, but he has been very poor for most of the season. Shelvey showd how a good midfielder should play and prior to that the Reading number 23 (can't remember his name ) and Mooey? From Huddersfield were both light years ahead of him.

If we are to progress as a team we need a central midfielder who does it for 90 mins every game...not just in bits here and there.

1 minute ago, Hougoumont said:

Regarding the Newcastle game...yes he did improve as the game wore on, but he has been very poor for most of the season. Shelvey showd how a good midfielder should play and prior to that the Reading number 23 (can't remember his name ) and Mooey? From Huddersfield were both light years ahead of him.

If we are to progress as a team we need a central midfielder who does it for 90 mins every game...not just in bits here and there.

He needs the protection of a 3 and one of them has to be a general. He showed last season consistently how class he was. We generally played him next to Lee infront of Hutch. There is no comparison to him playing next to Jones.

I'm in the camp of people that don't rate him.

He is capable of some great things, like his pass for Hooper when Fletcher missed that sitter.

But he is too lightweight and like a man down at times , especially when we are not controlling the game. He just disappears and players glide past him with ease. 

He is average at best- can't tackle and can't shoot.

Was an upgrade on what we had before last season, but he should be one we are looking to upgrade on.

There are some fundamental flaws in his play which make him a good player and not a great player. The most obvious one is playing a ball and then failing to move into space. I watched the game from home on Saturday and it was so obvious that if he passed and moved he would get us in much better positions. So often he could be seen directly stood behind a player eliminating himself as an option.

I can see a good player in him but he really irritates me at times.

1 minute ago, Think tank said:

I'm in the camp of people that don't rate him.

He is capable of some great things, like his pass for Hooper when Fletcher missed that sitter.

But he is too lightweight and like a man down at times , especially when we are not controlling the game. He just disappears and players glide past him with ease. 

He is average at best- can't tackle and can't shoot.

Was an upgrade on what we had before last season, but he should be one we are looking to upgrade on.

Cant tackle? seen those slides he does when helping out full backs. Listen he's not a tackler, get him in a 3 with a general like we did last season and he shows his class, as I have said. 

2 minutes ago, clud17 said:

There are some fundamental flaws in his play which make him a good player and not a great player. The most obvious one is playing a ball and then failing to move into space. I watched the game from home on Saturday and it was so obvious that if he passed and moved he would get us in much better positions. So often he could be seen directly stood behind a player eliminating himself as an option.

I can see a good player in him but he really irritates me at times.

Thats a fair point.

I loose count of the number of times he receives the ball from a defender and just pops it straight back to him and then hides from a possible return. His tackles are sometimes reckless and his shooting is woeful...apart from that he's OK.

21 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I go home and way and think he is one of our best players.

I didn't mean all the fans. I just meant the only people you will ever hear criticise him is the fans. Managers and pundits can see what a fantastic player he is. 

He is a decent player - he's just a bit inconsistent. If he was that good, he'd be plying his trade in the prem but he aint.

He's lightweight and has a tendency to either slow play down dramatically, or play the ridiculous Hollywood pass instead of playing it simple.

This season he hasn't hit the heights of last year. He was a very good player last term but this season he seems to have lost a bit of the drive and energy he had.

10 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Cant tackle? seen those slides he does when helping out full backs. Listen he's not a tackler, get him in a 3 with a general like we did last season and he shows his class, as I have said. 

Watch him when a player runs at him, it's as if he isn't there.